Chapter 23

Leidi

Loki and I sat in front of yet another strange Midgardian dish. I'm not even remotely sure what it is. But of course, Thor has already dug into the meal. Even Kalea didn't touch it. It wasn't even remotely close to what she was used to.

"What is it?" I say, looking up at the others. "Try it. It's shawarma," Tony speaks through a mouthful of food. Loki shrugs and starts eating. I pick up my, 'shawarma' and take a bite, Kalea mirroring my actions.

The food wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed it. "Do those two react this way to all food?" Tony leans to Thor. "Aye. The same thing happened when they tried pizza," Thor replies, loudly. "It was stringy!" Loki defends. "He has a point there," I say pointing to Loki.

"What's a pee-za?" Kalea looks around. "You don't know what a pizza is?" Tony asked her in mock disbelief. She shook her head. "Come with me, Asgardian child!! You have to try pizza!" Tony feigns excitement as he lifts Kalea from her seat.

"Let her finish her food first!" I protest, lifting my skirts and chasing after them. But Tony has already summoned a suit of armor and flown out of the building. "Do you all see this?" I turn to the others, "He just kidnapped my baby!"

The others shrug and go back to their food. "Loki?" I protest. He puts his shawarma down, "Very well. We'll go retrieve them." He gets up and we walk over to the lift.

Of course, neither of us new how to use a lift. So we pressed all of the buttons and waited until we got to the floor we wanted. It was infuriating, watching the doors open and close while we eventually sat on the floor.

When we finally exited the lift on the right floor we both realized something. Neither of us knew where Tony had Taken Kalea. So we went back in the lift and went through the process once more.

We sat down at the table, and I pouted, "We don't know where they went." "Do not fret, sister. Tony can be trusted," Thor said not looking up from his food. "Am I the only one worried about her?" I say, exasperated, "We know how Tony is. What if he takes her to a brothel?"

"He won't. Finish your food. They probably just went to eat pizza," Bruce says passively. "Very well, but if anything happens to my baby, I'm holding you all responsible," I say. They all agree, monotonously.

____________________________________

Nearly an hour passed since Tony had taken Kalea. No one showed the least bit of concern. I was pacing until I got tired and I was curled up on the couch, my head on Loki's lap. He stroked my hair calmly.

I hear Kalea's laughter and the sound of jet engines as Tony lands on the helipad outside. I run out onto the platform and saw Tony carrying Kalea on his shoulders. I run over to her as she gets down. "Kalea!" I pull her into a hug, "I was worried sick!"

Tony removes his mask and armor and I notice that Kalea is wearing a new dress. It's not as elegant as the dresses she wore, but it's still cute. The dress is white with thick straps holding it up. Black spots cover it and a bright pink bow is tied around her waist. The skirt is full and layers of cloth make it appear fluffier.  (A/N: Pic of dress above. Imagine it with straps.)

She wears matching shoes. White ones with similar black spots and a bow on her toes. I look at Tony, who holds a bag in his hand, "You didn't have to buy her a dress. And never take my daughter from me again."

"First, sorry about that. And at the pizzeria, we were getting strange looks because of the AC/DC dress. And, we had a great idea," Tony and Kalea share a grin.

"We're going to the beach!!!" Kalea exclaims excitedly. "The beach? What is that," I look between the two. "You'll see when we get there," Tony grins the way Thor or Loki would if they ever got an idea.

"Look, I bought her a swimsuit too," Tony waved the bag. "Swim suit?" I say, confused.

Tony and Kalea both grin.

And now I'm truly afraid of where this is going.

____________________________________

"This is absurd! My midriff is showing!" I say. Natalia and Wanda have put me in the most shameless outfit in all of the nine realms. I hope that Kalea doesn't have to dress this way.

My prayers are answered when Kalea walks out in a different type of "swimsuit". Hers is pink and covers down to her thighs. The bottom part is a skirt. There's a yellow flower on her chest. "Mommy, look! I'm wearing a Midgardian swimsuit," she jumps with joy.

I want to wear something like she is, but apparently women's swimsuits are supposed to be skimpier and smaller. Kalea bounds out of the room to show her father. "Must I wear this?" I complain.

My outfit seems like a set of undergarments. But it's green and held up by small strings. Natalia and Wanda wear similar ones. Although Natalia's is black and Wanda's red. Natalia tosses me a translucent shirt that looks like it will come down mid thigh.

I slip it on and the others do the same before dragging me out. The men are out in the main room in nothing but shorts. My eyes widen and I cover them, "So the point of this 'beach' is to dress indecently." I slowly move my hand and avert my eyes.

Loki looks me up and down before turning bright red. I'm no different. "Why do we have to wear such little clothes?" Loki says. "You'll see," Tony says.

"I don't like this," I say. "Neither do I," Loki agrees. "NONSENSE, BROTHER AND SISTER! THE BEACH IS A PLACE OF MERRIMENT!" Thor yells. "Thor why don't you speak louder, I don't think THE ENTIRE NINE REALMS HEARD YOU!!" Loki shouts flustered.

Thor doesn't understand Loki's sarcasm and proceeds to yell louder, "VERY WELL BROTHER!!!!!" I drag a hand down my face. Thor can be a twit sometimes.