Chapter 24

Leidi

Loki and I sit on the blanket, beet red. We don't look at each other, nor do we look at anyone else. Kalea plays happily with the Avengers. She and Tony are competing to see who can build a better sand palace. Tony by himself and the other Avengers assisting Kalea.

Every now and then I'd sneak a glance at Loki. I know he was doing the same even though I didn't see it. I turn again and see Loki turn at the same time. Our faces redden even more than before, if that's even possible.

When we're alone, we don't act this way. But we're in public. And it's even worse that Heimdall can see all. What if the All-Father comes to know what went on here? What would he think of us? And Loki and I aren't even married yet.

"I don't like this 'beach'" Loki says, breaking the silence. "I agree. Especially these swimsuits," I say. "I think you look nice," he turns to me and his eyes skim my body. I redden even deeper than before, "you too."

Loki wraps an arm around my bare waist, making me shiver. "What's the matter? You don't mind when I touch you in the bedroom," he whispers. "Yes, but we're in public," I say. "I don't see why that matters," he kisses me. I wrap my legs around his waist.

"They're building palaces in the sand," I say, pulling away. "And?" He looks in their direction. "I wish to build a sand kingdom," I grin, "But no magic."

"Very well," he says. We pull some pails from the basket and brightly colored shovels and sit in a large empty space. "So what do we do?" He looks at me.

I shrug, "I suppose we fill the buckets with sand and flip them over?" Loki and I attempt that first. The sand falls over the minute we lift our buckets. Loki sticks his hand in it and pulls some out. Then he lets it fall out of his hand, "I suppose we need water?" He looks at me, "I'll go get some."

He stands and takes his bucket to the large body of water, bending to fill his bucket. I kneel in front of the failed mound before scooping it back into the bucket. I feel a hand on my arse and I turn, swatting it away.

A man with blonde hair and brown eyes looks at me hungrily. It's not Clint. I don't know who this man is at all. His eyes trail down my body. I move away from him and he moves forward. "Stay still, baby," he says, "This won't hurt. Much." I try to get up but he grabs my ankle and drags me down and pulls me towards him as I claw helplessly at the sand.

"Loki!" I yell. He doesn't hear me. He himself is trying to escape a crowd of girls. Jealousy and fear rise in my eyes as the man flips me over and pins my arms to the sides of my head. I let out a shriek.

Tears blur my vision as I try kicking him, but no avail. I knew it. Coming to Midgard was a mistake. What would Loki think of me? "Hey!" A man's voice calls and the stranger is yanked back by his hair.

I sit up hastily. Loki pushes the man to the ground. He managed to escape a mob of women and I couldn't escape one mortal man? He grabs the man by the collar of his shirt and punches him in the face, "How dare you even think about touching my wife?" I'm not his wife yet. But I'm still considered his spouse.

"I-I'm sorry man! I didn't know she was your wife!" He pleads, "let me go! I won't touch her again!" "I'll make sure you won't," Loki growls, punching him in the face again. The other Avengers got up and ran over, pulling Loki and the man apart.

"What are you doing?!" Tony asked in disbelief. "He tried to rape Leidi!" Loki yelled, struggling against Thor and Steve's grip. "He, what?" Tony coughed, "You tried to rape the she-reindeer."

I inwardly groaned. There wasn't one moment where Tony could be serious. "Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked. "Funny things are," Tony pointed to him.

"I'm a huge fan of you, Mr. Stark," the man attempted to distract Tony. I shivered in the sand. Steve and Thor had long since released Loki. "Don't try that with me. You mess with my friend, you mess with me," Tony cracks his knuckles, "And you mess with an Avenger, you mess with all of the Avengers. Thankfully, there's only one team present."

"Now, we could let you go. You've promised not to touch our friend," Clint steps forward, "But who's to say you won't do this to other women?" "I won't! I swear on my life! I'll never even look at another woman!" The man pleads, "Just let me go!"

Bruce releases the man's collar, "We'll know if you break your promise. And I'll be very angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry, now would you?" The man shook his head. "Good. Now get out of here. We'd better not see you again," Tony growls.

The man nods and runs away. "You okay, kid?" Tony looks at me. Tears spill from my eyes, and I break down sobbing. Loki puts an arm around me and pull me into his embrace. "Thank you," I breathe, "all of you."