Chapter 11

Leidi

Thor and I hand upside down from his balcony. Our legs hooked over the railing. It's stupid, and passing people give us strange looks, but we've got nothing better to do. I can't fight bearing a child. And Thor decided to keep me company.

"Leidi, I do not understand the point of this game," Thor says. "Neither do I. But there's really nothing else for me to do," I say. My hair was in a bun, but it has long since come loose. One of the guards brings the queen over, until they stand beneath us.

"GREETINGS MOTHER!" Thor bellows. She jumps and looks up at us. Her eyes widen with shock, "What are you two doing?!" "We've no clue!" I shout. "Get down from there!" She calls. "BUT MOTHER!! ITS FUN!!" Thor yells. "You needn't yell so loud, brother. She can hear you," I say to Thor.

"Come, sister. Mother means well," he says, flipping himself back into his room. I do the same and I feel my face getting hot. We look at each other and laugh. "What else do you want to do?" I ask Thor. "Well, we're out of poptarts for one thing. We can't hunt or fight, because of the child," he reasons. I nod and sit on his bed, my legs exhausted. "Loki wouldn't want us eating poptarts anyway," I say. "He thinks they're not good for our health," Thor says, "hardly."

"He means well," I say. "Aye. It's nice to see a change in him," Thor says, "You've brought out the good in him. And I thank you for that." I laugh a little, "there is no need, brother."

"Yes there is. And to commemorate Loki's return, recovery, and my becoming an uncle, we shall take another trip to Midgard," he smiles. "Are you sure? The last time we were in Midgard..." I say. "And that is precisely why we are returning. To forge happy memories in light of the dark times," he puts his hands on my shoulders, "I've already spoken to Loki. He is thrilled about the ideas. We shall leave at dawn."

"Thank you, brother," I say, "For everything."

____________________________________

Thor, Loki, and I enter the large golden dome where the seer Heimdall stands. "Midgard, I presume?" He says. I forgot he can see and hear all. But what else can a seer do?

I cling to Loki's arm and Thor stands on his other side. I bury my face in Loki's shoulder as the light surrounds us. I whimper softly. I wish I could travel the way I used to, but Heimdall has forbidden it.

I look around the minute my feet touch the ground. I look around and see the soft blue sky around me. I stand on a strange looking platform. The has a large inscription on it. "H" it says. It's round and appears to be suspended in the air. But it's attached to a strange looking building. Much smaller than those in Asgard.

"What is this place," I ask Thor. "This is the home of some of my closest friends. The Avengers," he chuckles. Loki winces at the mention of the Avengers. But he doesn't say anything. "Hey Point Break," a man in Midgardian formal attire approaches us, wearing darkened spectacles. He grins widely. His brown hair is tousled in a way that looks like he did it on purpose. His facial hair is shaved in a strange pattern. Almost as if it's a square.

He looks at Loki and his grin widens and he tips the glasses down a few inches, "I see Reindeer Games decided to join us." Loki looks annoyed. "Reindeer Games? I do not understand," I say looking at Loki, "What is a reindeer?" The man looks at me strangely, "I guess you're also from Asgard if you don't know what reindeer are," his smirk returns as he extends a hand, meaning for me to shake it, "I'm Tony." I take it hesitantly and shake it. I offer a small smile, "Leidi."

"Nice to meet you," he looks me over, his eyes settling on my chest. I look down in discomfort. This man gives off the same vibe as does Fandral. "Tony, do not make a play for her. She is spoken for," Thor warns. "Don't tell me hornhead finally got the girl," he says in mock surprise. "Why you little-" Loki starts toward him.

He is about to strike the man before I grab his arm and hold him back, "Don't do this Loki." He looks between me and the man before retreating. "Well, why don't you all come in?" The man says inviting us into his home.