Chapter 21

Leidi

Loki and I were to be wed in two weeks. Until then, we had to answer Kalea's questions as to why we weren't married before. Of course she can't know of Baldr. Even though she's like him in so many ways.

Baldr was agile and fast. Very fast. Kalea moves supernaturally fast. Like teleportation or distance hopping. But she runs the distance. She can be in her room at one moment. The other moment, she's taking off down the Bifrost.

Thor sat with a smug grin on his face, as Kalea scrutinizes his hammer. She walks around it as it rests on the ground, as if you could just pick it up and walk away effortlessly. But you couldn't.

"Are you sure, uncle Thor?" She said looking up at him. He nods at her, encouragingly. "Brother, she is far too young," I scold, "Leave her be." "Oh, please. I want to see if she can lift it," he smirked, "Go on, Kalea. Pick it up."

Loki comes behind me, "Let's see if she can." He says in my ear. "Shut up, Loki. She's going to hurt herself. She could be worthy, but the hammer is almost the same height as she," I worry. What if she can't? She could get hurt. Or if she does, how will she handle it?

"Relax, Leidi," Loki puts his hands on my shoulders, "No harm will come to her. You're very tense for her well being." "Well pardon me for being a mother!" I say, turning to him.

"Mommy, I can lift it," Kalea pipes up, wrapping her hands around the handle. She stands on the hammer and tugs at it. She doesn't realize she's holding it down. "No, Kalea, dear," Thor stands up and lifts her off of the hammer and sets her on the ground, "Don't stand on it. Then you can't lift it at all."

Kalea nods and tugs at the hammer, thinking it would be heavier. Mjolnir lifts off of the ground and Kalea falls on her bum, holding the hammer with both hands. She laughs triumphantly, but can't support the actual weight of the hammer. She starts to drop it, and I shoot forward, attempting to steady it, but I can't.

Mjolnir falls from her grip and nearly crushes my fingers if Thor hadn't summoned it back. I sit back, not caring if the beige dress was stained by the grass. "Yay!! I'm worthy!" Kalea raises her fists.

"Why don't we take Kalea to Midgard, in celebration?" Thor suggests. Loki and I groan. "What's wrong with Midgard?" Kalea pipes up. "Every time your uncle drags us there, something goes wrong," I say, dragging a hand down my face, "I'm not going back to that accursed realm."

Thor rolls his eyes, "it was only two times." "That's how many times we had gone!" "So you do not want to go?" "NO!" Loki and I yell in unison. Both of us were sick of that place. The first time, I had brought back that Blackout man. And because of it, Loki was... Gone.

That same day, I had brought back Kalea as well. The second time, Loki and I had fought, and Kalea ended up being born in Vanaheim, and the first thing she heard was an insult. I pray she would never recall that.

Who knows what's in store for the third. "Why can't we go?" Kalea looks up at Loki and I with wide innocent eyes. Loki's eyes showed the way I felt. I could deny Thor, but I could t deny Kalea. The poor child was innocent. Loki and I shared a look before we reluctantly agreed to go to Midgard.

Heya people. It's the Liesmith. I'm truly very sorry to all of you lovely people. I have no choice but to put this story on hold, for my reasons. I may or may not update for a while, because I still have to go to therapy. They still think I'm insane(which I am). So updates will be very very slow. Until next update.
-Liesmith