Chapter 20

The following chapter is a huge time skip. I'm sorry but I needed to retread the story a few times to be able to continue it. And I'm writing this on my own. Shit will go down. But enjoy anyway.

-Liesmith

Leidi

10 year later

"You can't catch me daddy!" Kalea takes off through the halls, her father's helmet over her head. A very flustered Loki runs a few feet behind her. She's fast, like her father. If only she knew... I shake off the thought and crouch down, just as she runs into my arms.

I lift her up and look her. "Mommy! Put me down! He's gonna get me!" She shrieks. "Who dares try to get my princess," I say playfully. "KALEA!!" Loki nears us, turning the corner. "Daddy looks to be in a foul mood," I look at him. "Mommy run!!" She shrieks.

I carry her with one hand and pick up my skirts, running from Loki. Kalea's head bounces as she giggles, looking at her flustered father. "LEIDI! NOT YOU TOO!!" Loki shouts after us. Kalea and I laugh, running out into the courtyard and crashing straight into Thor.

"Uncle Thor! He's gonna get us!" Kalea shouts, pointing behind us to Loki. He's far, but we can see him. His face is red and angry. "Loki doesn't like it when people touch his cow-hat," Thor laughs. "Daddy says it's a ram," she says innocently. "KALEA!!" Loki yells, much closer.

"Run, mommy!" She shrieks. "No honey. Mommy' tired," I say, out of breath, "Only Uncle Thor can save you now."

Thor takes the squealing child from my arms and takes off running. "THOR!!! YOU OAF!!!" Loki shouts.

Before he passes me, I reach out and grab his ear. "I hear that your out to get our little girl," I growl. "She took my helm!" He protested. "She's ten. She should do as she pleases."

"Yes. And so should we," he wraps an arm around my waist and kisses me passionately. I put one hand on the side of his face and run my other hand through his hair. "EUGGH!!! Mommy and daddy are kissing!" Kalea's childish voice rings out behind us. I jump back a few inches and look at her.

Loki laughs and we move apart. Kalea looks between us. She giggles, "uncle Thor! Mommy and daddy were kissing!!" She runs off, in search of her uncle.

I would love to say right about now that my life is perfect. But I won't. Because I know that it'll come crashing down. Loki stares at me, with a smile on his face. I feel suddenly self conscious about how I look.

"Leidi, I've been meaning to ask you something. And now that we're alone, it's the perfect time to say it," he says. "Loki?" I say.

"These past few years, I've spent with you has been great. You've convinced me that I can have much more than what I aimed for. You made me a better man. And for that, I thank you," he gets down on one knee, "Leidi Jarnsaxadittir, will you make me the happiest man in all the nine realms, and marry me?"

He pulls out a small black box, and reveals a gold ring, with a green diamond implanted in it. How he got the diamond to be green, I don't know. Intricate designs decorate the band.

"Yes, Loki," I smile, "I will." He smiles and slips he ring onto my finger. He stands, towering over me, and he pulls me into his arms, running his hand through my hair, which has long since grown out.

"Look! Uncle! They were kissing!" Kalea drags Thor back out into the courtyard. Thor looks between us, "Did you do it?" Loki nods and Thor pulls him into a bone crushing hug. I crouch next to Kalea, making myself level with her, "That's what you call brotherly love."

I point to the men. Loki struggles against Thor's grip and Thor shows no sign of wanting to let go. "Brotherly love looks like it hurts," Kalea puts her fingers in her mouth. She may be ten years old, but to anyone in Midgard, she'd look to be about four.

She gets many things from her father. Her biological father. She has long brown hair, and her features looked like a combination of me and Baldr. She had my delicate nose, but her father's thin lips, and my wide green eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that, mommy?" She looks at me innocently.

It would be almost impossible for her to have any enemies. "Nothing dear," I say, shaking my head. After a lot of arguing, we had decided her full name would be Kalea Lokidottur, not Leididittir. Lokidottur sounded better and we wanted to make sure she'd never suspect who her true father was.

And now, Loki and I are to be married. But I'm still not going to say that life is perfect. If I do, something will definitely go wrong.