Chapter 12

Leidi

I enter a room larger than Jane's house, and yet smaller than a bathroom in the palace. "Welcome to my home, Asgardians!" The man spreads his arms as if to emphasize his home. Some seats are spread in some sort of living area fashion. Four men and one woman are seated around a small table. "Greetings, my friends," Thor says stepping forward.

A cheer rises from the small group of people. "What's up Thor?" The dark skinned man claps Thor on the shoulder in a friendly manner. Loki and I look up then at each other. I shrug. "They don't mean what's up as in what's literally up," Thor says turning to us, "they mean to ask how I fare."

Thor immediately gets comfortable next to the dark skinned man from before. Tony gestures for me an Loki to sit. Unfortunately there aren't any places we can sit together. Loki takes a seat next to the red haired woman and she glares at him. I doubt they like each other. I sit in between a dark haired man and one with blonde hair and blue eyes. I offer a small smile. I sit uncomfortably. Loki and I exchange a glance.

"So why is Loki back in the tower? And who is this? His female clone?" The red haired woman speaks up. "I am Leidi," I say in a small voice. This woman intimidates me. Her sharp green eyes could burn a hole in my forehead. "Well, Leidi, you look a lot like the mischief maker. What's your story? You're, what, Leidi of Asgard and burdened with glorious purpose?" She continues to interrogate me.

"Don't grill the kid, Nat," another man with blonde hair says, putting his arm around her. "Grill? I don't..." I start, but the blonde man to my left puts his hand on my shoulder. "It's a figure of speech, kid. He doesn't mean it in the literal sense," he says. I nod, understanding what he meant then. So then on Midgard, to grill someone means to attempt to pressurize answers. Interesting.

His hand doesn't move from my shoulder. I look at it nervously before shifting so his hand falls to his side. "Sorry," he says, flushing scarlet. "Do not fret, Captain," Thor chuckles, with a drink now in his hand, "she is not used to earth's custom. On Asgard that is a form of sexual assault." The captain looks even more flustered, "Golly, I'm sorry ma'am." "It's quite alright," I smile, "you meant no harm."

"So, what are we celebrating, Thor?" The dark haired man speaks up. "Well, many things my friend," he starts, "For one, the return of my brother. He no longer has the attitude he adapted earlier." The "Avengers" look at Loki at once, who shifts uncomfortably in his seat. "Another thing, I am going to be an uncle," Thor says smiling at me. All eyes turn to me. I wish to sink into the seat.

"Reindeer games has been busy," Tony speaks up. I shift akwardly. "I forgot the introductions!" Tony suddenly exclaims, standing up. I raise an eyebrow. "Leidi..." He start, "what's your last name?" He whispers. He grabs my hand and pulls me to stand next to him. No one has ever demanded my last name before. I had thought that it simply didn't matter anymore.

I look at Loki nervously before slowly admitting, "Jarnsaxadittir." "Okay, that's complex and we are going to let go of that. Leidi, this is Bruce," he points to the dark haired man I sat beside earlier. He whispers in my ear, "he prefers if you called him enormous green rage monster." I nod, confused. "That is Steve," he points to the blonde man who sat on my other end.

"He prefers Capsicle," he whispers again. "That's Clint," he says pointing to the man besides the redhead. "Legolas," he whispers. "And Natalia," he points to the redhead. "What does she prefer to be called?" I whisper to him. "Natalia. Call her anything else, and she'll kill you," he whispers back. "And he is Rhodey," he says, pointing to the dark skinned man Thor is sitting behind.

I nod nervously. He ushers me back to my set between Capsicle and Enormous Green Rage Monster. Their names are strange. I do not see how they apply.

"So, this is Loki's girlfriend?" Legolas says. "Is that the Midgardian term for people who are courting?" I ask. "Erm, sure," he says. "Then yes," I state simply.

"So you're the girl who changed him for the better?" Enormous Green Rage Monster says to me. "I guess you could say that, Enormous Green Rage Monster," it's only after the words leave my tongue that I realize how ridiculous they sound.

"What?" He says looking very angry, "Did you just call me Enormous Green Rage Monster?" I shrink back and nod meekly. The room erupts into laughter. "I apologize if I offended you, but Tony said that's what you prefer to be called," I whimper.

"TONY!" He roars, but the man has already dove behind one of the long seats. "What else did he tell you?" Capsicle asked me. "He said you preferred to be called Capsicle and he preferred to be called Legolas," I says nervously, "I'm sorry. I didn't know that they were offensive terms."

Enormous Gre- Bruce- tackles Tony behind the seat growling about wanting to see the real rage monster. "It is alright, sister. Stark tends to resort to these types of stupidity," he says putting a hand on my shoulder. Capsi- Steve raises an eyebrow. "I am her brother. It is fine," Thor says giving him a look. "Do we allow them to battle this way?" I look up at Thor.

"Aye, they are like Loki and I. They fight a lot, but they are good friends without a doubt," he chuckles.