Chapter 4 - Hotel

Chapter 4

"FRIENDSHIP without self interest is one of the rare, beautiful things in life..."

"Wake up. Wake up." I woke up in a very irritated state. I used my left hand to playfully smack Em who was poking my cheek repeatedly.

"I am awake." I said and lifted my head off the window I was leaning on.

"Great!" She clapped, "We're here, if you didn't know that." I turned my attention towards the towering building the hotel was parked in front of. I looked closer and saw we were at the hotel.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily. She pulled out her phone and said the time was 11:39, The trip took about 3-4 hours. I playfully glared at her and sat upright. "Is this the hotel?" I asked.

"Yup. " She answered and popped the 'p' , her hands were shaking in excitement. Emily was ADHD, which caused her to become bored easily and fidget a lot. Her leg was bobbing up and down, I ignored it and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "We're freshening up at the hotel and then headed over to the place to get a tour and meet the CEO. By the way, you're my room." She explained. I nodded.

There was 30 students here, which was 2 classes. We were split into roommates, 2 people each room, 15 rooms. Half the class got to go today, which was Em and I, and the other half would go tomorrow. "Attention everyone!" The teacher yelled at us throughout the bus, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and look up at her.

"Okay, we're getting off right now. You will be assigned your rooms for the night, we're boarding again at 1:45 to go to Arscott industries. Orderly fashion please!" Everyone basically shoved each other as they got off the bus.

When I got out, the fresh air hit me. After being in a bus full of teenagers who may or may not be going through puberty, is rough.

Everyone got their bags and waited in the lobby of the hotel. It was a really nice one, probably so the billionaire would get good publicity for letting the high schoolers stay in nice fancy hotels. Em nudged me, telling me to go.

We were handed out keys to the room. Em and I headed to the elevator, and pressed the up button. Soon after, it arrived and we headed inside. Before I closed, I saw a flash on dark brown hair and suit, which made me hold my breath and widen my eyes. He looked familiar, but a part of my mind blocked it off.

"Lyndsy, are you okay?" Em asked, snapping me out of my thoughts . She gave me a concerned look, which I responded by shrugging it off and nodding. My first priority was sleeping right now. Though she seemed to back off, her eyebrows were knitted showing she was still worried about me.

The elevator dinged and Em and I got off at our floor, desperate to get out of the awkward silence that plagued the elevator. Inside there was a business lady and man, and a girl who looked like she was doing the walk of shame.

"Thank god we're out of there." Em exclaimed and slid the room key into the lock-thingy. It opened and we went inside to check it out. It was fancy, no doubt.

There was 2 beds with a nightstand in between them. On the nightstand there was a lamp and some papers. There also was a TV, Mini-fridge, and microwave. Emily squealed and jumped onto the bed with a bright big smile.

"It's like a fairytale!" She said. "We're going to meet Jason Arscott and he's going to fall in love me! Then a bunch of drama happens and in the end we're going to live happily ever after!"

I rolled my eyes, "Em have you been on Wattpad lately?" I suspiciously asked.

"How come you keep asking me that?" She said with an exasperated sigh. I was about to answer when she cut me off. "Nevermind, don't answer that."

"I call dibs on the left!" I called out and went to unpack my stuff into the closet.

"K!" Was Emily's reply. I jumped onto the bed on my stomach, relishing the comfortable-ness compared to my bed at home.

"What are you doing?" Em questioned she was standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"I'm getting ready, unlike you." She said. "I mean, I don't wake up fabulous, like Queen B."

"We're leaving in 2 hours," I deadpanned, "It's not like we're going to a black-tie event; and we probably won't get noticed by a Billionaire who has models hanging off his arm; and I'm grump because I didn't get enough sleep last night; and-" I couldn't continue my sentence because Em had put her finger over my lips.

"Shhh, hush Lyndsy, what have I told you about crushing my dreams?" She asked. My lips threatened to break into a smile.

She smiled and went back into the bathroom. "Wake me up in an hour thirty!" I yelled.

"Will do." She said. I fell back into the bed and sleep myself drift off into sleep.

An hour and a half later, Emily woke me up telling we're leaving in 30 minutes. I groaned and reluctantly got out of the warm bed.

I peeled of my jeans and put on some black skinny jeans and a black shirt on. I threw on my reddish brown leather jacket. I quickly tried to brush my
hair

I then, pulled on black knee-high boots. I looked over to Emily and saw she wore a jewel neckline teal dress with a pink belt. Our outfits were complete opposites.

"Ready to head down?" I asked.

"Yup!" She said with a zealous smile. I kept my face calm and composed, like always. I did a quick check if I had everything in my bag, everything being my phone, wallet, deodorant, gum, and more. After doing that, I headed down to the lobby.

On the way to the elevator we heard a shrill giggle and a clanging of multiple bracelets. I mentally rolled my eyes and prepared for a nasally voice of Katherine Smith, Em & I were freshman and she was queen Sophomore of that year. She got invited to all the junior and Senior parties, but sadly she had to leave for homeschooling because of her dad. No one knows why or what she did to leave public school.

"Emily Vandervelt!" She squealed.

"Oh my gosh, Katherine!" Emily said with an equally content squeal. "Where have you been for 2 years?" Unlike me, Emily was acquainted with everyone because of her bubbly personality. Therefor, she was friends with anyone.

"Oh, doing nothing. Travelling the world with daddy." She said, brushing the topic off, with a hair flip and smile. I then noticed her apperance, her once brown hair was now platinum blonde, long black lashes and over-done makeup. I raised by eyebrow at her change. She used to be a brunette, natural features, and way less pink and jewelry.

"Oh, and Emily's friend." She answered in disinterest. "Nice to meet you." She shook my hand.

With a tight smile, I answered, "Likewise."

Thanks for all the comments & votes!
*not edited*