Chapter 11- Gun

Chapter 11- Gun

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

-Elbert Hubbard

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- FIRST PERSON

At moments like this I think that there's an evil mastermind behind all the events in my life. Moments that are too out of the ordinary that they probably wouldn't happen in the real-life.

"Um, nothing." I answered, staring into his icy grey eyes that frighteningly held no emotion.

"Looks like something." He said, my eyes were still wide from being caught snooping. After pausing for a seconds he finally spoke up realizing that I wasn't going to move or speak. "Who sent you?"

I thought about my answer. One: tell the truth say no one and have him not believe me, as a result, I might get tortured. Two: lie and say someone did send me, causing him to maybe kill me after getting answers. Three: do not answer and get tortured for answers.

He came closer to me while I was contemplating what to say. Soon enough, we were only a few inches apart.

"No one sent me." I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking and as emotionless as possible.

Next thing I knew, I was pinned up against the wall with his hand around my neck and the other next to my face. His face was dangerously close to mine, as I could feel his minty breath fanning my face.

"You're kind of in my personal space, mister." I squeaked. He ignored my comment.

"Don't lie to me" He growled. My eyes widened a fraction, but hardened soon after.

"I am not lying." I ground out. I could tell both of us were not going to back down. In the spur of the moment I decided that this was not going to get me anywhere, so I did what anyone would've done. Knee him in the balls.

He, in surprise, loosened his grip on my neck giving me the opportunity to bite down on his arm, hard. I pushed him back with all my strength, thanking Derek for all his self-defense lessons and training. Ryder stumbled back giving me the chance to run away, but he was quick to recover. I ran into the living room and to the other side of the couch, he was on the other side, staring into my eyes.

We had a staring contest to see what the other would do. I tried my best to keep a straight face, despite the fear I felt towards him. I took the closest thing to me which happened to be throw pillow and flung it at him. Unsurprisingly, he caught it, but was not prepared for the second to hit him smack in the face.

We ran around the apartment, playing the game of cat and mouse and I was the mouse. I ran around finding things to throw at him, sometimes he'd be able to dodge or catch, but sometimes it would hit him. Things were strewn onto the floor and almost everything was messed up including the couch, kitchen, and bookshelves. We both looked like wild animals with messy hair, his now disheveled suit and my rumpled outfit.

However the TV was the only thing to remain undisturbed.

I threw my shoe at Ryder, but he dodged last second causing it to almost topple over. I paused in surprise and relief that it didn't fall and break. I realized my mistake when we tackled me onto the floor and pinned me down. One hand was wrapped around my neck slightly restricting my air supply, but not hard enough to leave a bruise or inflict enough damage. His other hand was pinning my arms together.

The only sounds in the apartment was our heavy breathing due to probably an hour of chasing. "I wasn't sent by anyone." I said out of breath, but with confidence.