Chapter 18- Relationships

Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.

-Bob Marley

**NOTE: AT THE BEGINNING I CHANGED IT SO LYNDSY DIDN'T GO BY THE LAST NAME ARSCOTT, INSTEAD SHE TOOK ALEXIS'S (CALLAWAY)**

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- FIRST PERSON

"I don't trust anyone of my agents, they're all expendable and frankly just replaceable." Meredith said, surprising me with her bluntness. I inconspicuously glanced at Ryder in my peripheral vision, knowing that he was one of the agents. He looked unamused and cautious, not that I was expecting some sort of betrayed or hurt look on his face. "But, many of them are loyal enough."

She paused making sure, I understood. "The point is, the last time I trusted my agents to be competent enough to detect threats and attacks, 2 of my best undercover, covert agents were killed." I had my stoic face on, trying to hide the fact that I was slightly unnerved.

"Those 2 agents that were killed, were your parents. So, what I want to know is how can I trust you. You could be the kryptonite of my agency, or its newest asset."

"I can assure you, I won't betray this place." I paused. "Besides, what motive would I have?"

I can see that Ryder was nervous, and that he knew something about Meredith and what she was going to say to me. I was also worried to an extent on what she would say and how I would respond. With a quick glance back, I could see Ryder trying not to bounce his leg up and down in an annoying motion. I turned back to Meredith. I boldly gave her a look of false confidence, hoping to conceal how intimidated I was.

"You, Lyndsy, are a anomaly. I pride myself in not having too many loose ends once I took over. But, as you can see you are a loose end that was able to go through the system for almost a decade without me or the rivals taking any action. Does that seem suspicious to you or not?" She leaned forward, making sure to make eye contact with me. "What do you think Mr. Wilde?" She turned her attention to Ryder, surprising me.

I broke eye contact to whip around and see what he would say.

"It's suspicious." He said almost reluctantly, causing me to clench my jaw in annoyance and anger. But I understood to an extent, he, along woth hundreds of others (probably), were all 'expendable' agents as Meredith said.

"If you're implying that I am not who I say I am, then you are sorely mistaken." I argued while slowly standing up, "My name is Lyndsy Arscott, I have a brother named Jason, a mother named Rose, and a father named Nathan, I almost died in the car crash that killed my parents. I was lied to by my family's rival and then separated from my remaining family for whatever reason that probably involves this place. Ten years later, I remet my brother who turned out to be a rich billionaire. Now I am here, being interrogated my you because you think I am lying about my identity." I recited with a deep breath, then scanned Meredith's face for a negative reaction, but all I could found was a blank poker face.

After a second, Meredith's lips curled into a smirk, surprising both Ryder and I, although I didn't show it and Ryder probably didn't either.

"You have fire, Lyndsy." She said, "It could be a great thing, but sometimes it could get you in trouble." Looking down I saw that she pressed a button on her desk and minutes later, two well-built men in uniforms came in. Ryder stood up defensively and I looked around confused.

"Take them to a holding room." She commanded, and both men seized the Ryder and I, immeadiately following her orders. I opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted. "Don't worry it won't be permanent."

Both of us left with minimal struggle, although I could tell I was visually fuming even if I tried to hide it.

Before leaving the room, I heard Meredith mutter into a her phone. "Make sure you find out what relationship they have. I want to know everything." She said.

EMILY VANDERVELT- THIRD PERSON

After Adam called Emily and Jason over to Ryder's office, they both went over with Emily seething over Jason's invasion of privacy.

"What did you find?" Emily asked irritably, causing Adam to raise his eyebrows in surprise. He didn't see Emily as a girl who would be able to get really angry and express it that way. "Sorry, I mean, why did you call us over." She said in a much nicer tone.

"Well, Ryder's computer was loaded with top secret information that was expertly encrypted, but I was able to get through to their database." Adam said, "I assume you don't want all the details on how I got in, but it was really similar to the USB you found but had more things on it. That USB had more things about him and his family and stuff." Adam gestured over to Jason.

"Well, I researched deeper and found that the database was being used scattered around the world in several different areas, but the most prominent signal was in this area." Adam explained and turned the computer so they could see where it was on a map. "My bet is that that's where Ryder and Lyndsy are." Adam leaned back while he waited for them to discuss.

"So we should follow the signal to see if they are there?" Emily questioned. "What they're out there, somewhere hiding out or something, not at the place. What if we barge in there and they're not there?"

"Trust me, I'm pretty sure they have them." Jason said.

"What makes you think that?" Emily asked defensively. Adam sat in the chair, between the two, who were both standing up, darting his eyes back and forth watching them get pissed at each other. He didn't know if he should intervene and risk getting both of them angry at him.

"Well, I've met them, know them, and I know that they wouldn't let Ryder or Lyndsy out of their sight," Jason said, "also, they would know where the two were if they weren't at the headquarters."

"If you knew them, then why didn't you know where their head quarters were?"

Jason told a deep breath to either push down his argumentative side or think of a response. "Let's just say they like making house calls more than at head-quarter visits." Emily was speechless afterward, she wanted to argue but knew that he knew more than she did. At that moment she wondered why she even thought he was going to be some dreamy billionaire, it was very apparent that he was a noisy jerk who liked to invade people's privacy. She gave a final 'huff' then gave him a nasty glare earning an almost triumphant look from Jason.

It was almost like he was asking to get punched.

Adam clapped his hands together and uncomfortably interrupted their staring contest. "So off to the secret government HQ we go?"

QUESTIONS:
FIRST PERSON ALTERNATING

OR

CURRENT SET UP

OR

ALL FIRST PERSON- LYNDSY

OR

ALL THIRD PERSON

please comment; it helps