Chapter 10 - Secretive

Chapter 10- Secretive

"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides."

André Malraux

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- FIRST PERSON 

After pointing out one of Katherine's defining qualities she had left and we all gotten back into the car.

"Where are we going?" Emily asks.

"Back to Ryder's apartment." Mark replied, he seemed to be the most responsible and the reasonable of the billionaire trio. Ryder remained in his phone, I assumed he was texting due to the rapid tapping of his thumbs on the smartphone. 

"Why?" I asked, turning over to him. Ryder responds without looked up from his phone. 

"Because Jason, Maria, and Mark don't want to babysit two teenagers." I rolled my eyes. 

"But why your place specifically?" I asked, once again. He looked up and turned towards his friend. 

"Yeah, why my place?" He asked, "It's not like I want them either." I sent a death glare in his general direction. 

"Yeah , but you have the time, having being the only one of your friends that doesn't run a business and just parties and gets drunk." I retorted with an edge in my voice and crossed arms. He was turned towards me and we had a glaring contest.

"Keep in mind that I'm just a bystander here." Emily chimed in, seeming to be feeling uncomfortable. We ignored the blonde and continued to glare. 

"Ryder." Mark warns with a cold glare. He broke contact and appeared to be having a telepathic conversation with Mark, leaving Emily and I out of the loop. Fed up with being excluded, I interrupted. 

"Will you guys explain to me why we have to be babysat by a guy who parties and drinks at his place, instead of the hotel that me, my friend, and classmates are staying in, a hotel that is paid by my brother?" I questioned with a blank stare. 

"It's  reasons that do not concern you." Mark replied before Ryder can say anything, he had his emotionless billionaire look on which was suspicious for the both of them. What's with the three, being secretive and all? Was this normal for them?

The tabloids suggest that they're fun, immature, and serious all at the same time. (How is that even possible?) I have yet to see the fun and immature side of them, maybe it's because they've grown up, well except for Ryder maybe. Maybe he was in a pissy mood because of his hangover. As Ryder returned to his phone, I gave Mark an extra spiteful glare at his cryptic answer. 

The car ride was silent for the rest of the way there.

Once there, everyone but Mark had gotten out and headed for the entrance of the apartment building. He told us to not get into trouble before driving off. Ryder ignored him and made a beeline towards the elevator, I assumed he didn't want to be seen with us. With all the bad press and all, I'm guessing he didn't want to be seen with 2 girls entering his apartment.