Chapter 9 - Lying

Chapter 9- Lying

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

-Marilyn Monroe

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- THIRD PERSON

"Jason," Mark said after a minute of staring, "I think I see dead people."

"You are an idiot, she's real, and alive." Jason replied, still looking at the computer screen with furrowed eyebrows.

Lyndsy stood up from the sofa and embraced Mark in a hug, "H-how?" He said, in shock.

"We are just figments of your imagination, you died." Lyndsy said with a straight face even though she was lying. Mark was silent and in shock. After a long pause, she continued, "And I'm kidding." He visibly relaxed and hugged her tighter.

"You wouldn't believe all the gossip that went up a few seconds ago." Mark said, "They don't know it was you, so I freaked out."

"What have they been saying about me?" Lyndsy asked. Jason looked up from the computer.

"See for yourself." Mark said and walked over to the computer, Lyndsy followed, he searched Jason's name into the search engine and chose the news category. There popped up the news headline 'Baby on the way for billionaire philanthropist Jason Arscott?!' Lyndsy laughed at them thinking that she was pregnant.

"That's why I was so worried." Mark said while they were reading the article.

"Why do you always assume the worst for me?" Jason asked.

"You were a player in high school and a rule breaker, you've had countless one night stands and you are business smart, not relationship smart." Mark stated.

In response Jason shrugged. Maria then barged in. "Did you forget that a group of teenagers are waiting for you?!" Maria demanded. "Oh, everyone's here." She cleared her throat.

"So, is she your sister?"

"Yeah, the blood test confirmed it." Jason replied. "But, someone ratted us out about being at the hospital and having a blood test done. So, the press thinks that Lyndsy may be pregnant with my child."

"How are we going to solve this?" Mark chimed in.

"It's her choice. We can tell everyone that she's Jason's secret sister, we can lie, or we can just say nothing." Maria offered.

They all looked at Lyndsy silently asking what her choice is. "I hate liars. I don't care about attention. And I honestly don't care if we say nothing... they'll just assume the worst with Jason and think that he has a child. It's your job to make sure he doesn't get bad press, I think your opinion would matter in this situation." Lyndsy, who was now leaning against the wall with her arms crossed in a relaxed manner, said to Maria.

Maria was kind of shocked at the seventeen year old girl, "Well, taking your views in consideration, I think we should tell everyone." Lyndsy shrugged.

"What do you think?" Lyndsy asked Mark and Jason.

"I think it's a great idea." Mark said.

"I agree." Jason nodded. Lyndsy gave him a suspicious look.