Chapter 20- VXR

Chapter 20- VXR

 "An expert knows all the answers - if you ask the right questions."

- Levi Strauss

EMILY VANDERVELT - THIRD PERSON 

"I hope you know you got Wizards of Waverly Place stuck in my head."

"You're saying that like it's a bad thing," Jason mumbled. Emily decided not to reply back at that. The trio made their way to the building's entrance where Emily abruptly stopped, almost causing Adam and Jason who were behind her to collide into the small blonde.

"Why did you stop?" Adam asked, concerned. 

"I want Jason to go first." Emily turned to face them

"Why me?" The billionaire asked almost suspiciously. 

"Because, they know you and you're more intimidating than us, no offence Adam."

"None taken." Adam shrugged.

"Besides, it would be easier to use you as a human shield if you were in front. It's smart, not cowardly."

Jason gave her a look, but complied and opened the door revealing a plain and simplistic lobby. Two black couches were on either side of the room and there was one red-haired woman sitting at the desk typing on her computer. 

She looked up once they walked in, and painted a polite smile on her face. "Hello, are you lost?"

"I don't think so," Jason replied.

"This is a private and exclusive company, unless you received a summons then I suggest you leave."

"We're here to speak to Meredith Harper." Adam said from the back surprising Jason because only a few trusted people would know that name, and confusing Emily who was wondering who that was. She sounded important.

The atmosphere shifted from something polite to a more guarded feeling. 

The red-head got quiet and pressed secret panic button from underneath the desk discreetly without them noticing, before carefully speaking. "How do you know that name?"

Adams eyes darted between Jason and the lady while contemplating what to say. "Lucky guess?" was what he decided on, but it wasn't very convincing. Emily gave him a look saying 'what the hell '

Just in time, 3 men sneaked up on the trio and injected a serum that caused the victim to immeadiately fall asleep , into them. Adam and Emily were caught off guard, but Jason tried to fight back but failed as the serum's effects took place and was taken by surprise. Needless to say, his ego got a bit hurt due to how quick he was neutralized- his training instructor would probably be berating him about now.

Jason woke first followed by Emily then Adam, all three were confused and dazed by their little nap. 

"Where are we?" Emily asked, looking around. They were in a plain, windowless room with only four chairs and a table. 

It was bland, and frankly a bit depressing.

"VXR." Adam replied, stating the obvious. 

"Well, duh, but where in VXR?"

"That I don't know."

"Guys be quiet." Jason said in an authoritative tone and the two silenced themselves. 

After a brief moment of silence, a man came into the room and sat opposite the three and across the table. He had strong handsome masculine features paired with a black suit to match the stereotypical secret agent spy type of look he was sporting.