Chapter 12- Answers

Chapter 12- Answers

"My primary goal of hacking was the intellectual curiosity, the seduction of adventure."

-Kevin Mitnick

FIRST PERSON - LYNDSY ASRCOTT

"You do realize that you won't get anything out of the USB." Ryder stated once we were sitting down.

"And why is that?" I ask pointedly.

"Just the fact that it is encrypted with military level hacking." He replied with a know-it-all face and tone.

"Emily is a Felicity Smoak/Cisco Ramon level hacker, I'm sure she can handle a USB drive." I bluff hoping he'd buy it. I couldn't tell if he did or not, but he didn't respond. I just hoped Emily would somehow get it.

LINE BREAK

"Wait, you are a secret agent from a super secret agency sent to protect Jason and his friends/family...." I exclaimed with bewilderment in my voice.

"Yeah, basically." He shrugged as if it were nothing. I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't find the words.

"I'm confused, how did this all start?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'll answer all your questions, if you answer mine." His eyes were void of any emotions, but that wasn't surprising; he's a secret agent after all.

"Okay," I said cautiously, "Why is there a spy instead of a bodyguard?"

"Jason's family-" He began, but was interrupted by me.

"My family," I quickly corrected, he gave me an annoyed glance but continued nonetheless.

"Anyway, the Arscott family was allied with my agency in order to weed out the corrupt from business owners and the rich. As a result, they've made many enemies all of which want them dead. They'd spy on them and give us information without ever getting caught while in the field. We enlisted the finest in order to protect your family. After the accident, the agency had to boost up the security, so they called me in when I was 16 as an undercover agent so no one would suspect me. In other words, it was just for more protection." He explained. My eyes were wide from processing the information.

"Oh." I said, but recovered, "It's your turn to ask a question." I stated he nodded.

"Where did you learn to fight?" He asked referring to earlier.

"Derek is my family friend, he taught me self defence and how to protect my self after I almost got killed when walking home from school when I was 8. No one would pick me up and I got impatient." I replied without any emotion. I remembered that day, Alexis had just taken me in a few months prior, to adopting me. "We didn't live in the best neighborhood and someone decided to try to rob a little girl, but Derek intervened and every since then he took care of me."

I quickly changed to the subject in order to get as much information out of him as possible.

"How did you become a spy?"

"That's classified, but I knew some people." He said, "I can give you information about this situation, but my background information is classified."

"Okay," I said mildly annoyed that I didn't get to know more about him, "Who killed my parents?" I asked, my voice was all serious and what I wanted to be strong. Despite not know them for very long, I still had somewhat of an emotional connection with them.

"A rival company who was aligned with the mafia." He responded, "I can assure you Lyndsy, we had no idea that you were alive. You flat lined at the hospital and they had to take you to the morgue, they were sure Jason was the sole survivor."