Chapter 5- Arscott Industries

Chapter 5

"A celebrity is a person who works hard all their life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."

Katherine ends up tagging along with Emily and I, much to my displeasure. It turns out that she was heading to Arscott industries with us to see her friend.

She made light conversation about fashion trends and pop culture, something that I didn't want to partake in due to my laughable and limited knowledge of those things. I just let Emily socialize while I stood awkwardly.

The elevator dinged and in stepped 2 men in a fancy looking business suits. I stepped aside and into the corner. An awkward silence filled the confined space.

After a minute or so, we were let out.

"Did that guy look familiar to you?" I asked Emily when Katherine left us to talk to Clarissa, the current queen bee after Katherine left.

"Yeah, I think that's Mark Easton." She replied.

I raised by eyebrow and asked, "Who's he?" She rolls her eyes.

"He's apart of the rich trio, you know, with Jason Arscott and Ryder Wilde." She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right."

Emily proceeded to drag me to the bus where the teacher was patiently waiting for us. "Does anyone know where Clarissa is?" She asked, "We're going to be behind schedule!"

"I'm coming!" She yelled and wobbled her way down the aisle due to high heels (or stilettos) "I was held up by Katherine Smith." She smirked.

"Okay," Ms. Taylor said, "We are now heading to the headquarters of Arscott Industries to observe." I don't think anyone was listening, most of the girls were super excited to be meeting a billionaire they hope will fall in love with.

I mean come on, this isn't wattpad.

The bus began to move as people began to chatter amongst themselves and peers. Many were also on their smartphone, whilst I was staring out the window while Emily gossiped. "...Don't you agree?"

"Yes." I automatically agreed.

"Seriously, were you not listening to a word I was saying?"

"Nope, I wasn't." I truthfully replied looking at her.

"This is a problem, you have got to stop zoning out in the middle of conversation, Lyndsy." She gave me a serious stare, "I just asked if I should shave all my hair off; Including eyebrows, and you agreed."

"But bald is beautiful."

"Yes it is," She agreed, "On some people. This face needs hair to look good." She air-circle her face to make a point.

"Oh look, the building!" I exclaimed to change the topic. It worked. There was towering building with the words Arscott Industries big and bold. All of the class stared in wonder at the amazing architecture.

"It's so big!" A girl exclaimed followed by a 'that's what she said', earning a mean glare.

"When I grow up, I'm going to marry rich and have a building like this with my name on it." The girl behind us muttered to her friends.

I rolled my eyes, rich spoilt brats.

"We're here!" Ms. Taylor exclaimed and clapped her hands in glee, "We are going on a tour of the building directed by Mr. Arscott himself, then have lunch. After that you'll be able to go sightseeing. If you get lost in the building, wait in the front lobby and they'll contact us of your location. Please don't stray from the group and notify us if you have to go to the restroom. Before I forget, here is the map of the building and escape routes." She handed us a pamphlet.