Chapter 8 - Blood Test

Chapter 8- Blood Test

"Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust."

- Erica E. Goode

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- THIRD PERSON

"Just like that? You're going to agree to a blood test?" Jason asked his little sister.

"Yeah, why?" Lyndsy replied.

"No reason." He grunted.

"Aww, are you still afraid of needles?" Lyndsy cooed with a smile.

"No." Jason retorted.

"Whatever you say..." She said with a raised eyebrow. "Anyway, let's go." Lyndsy stood up and followed her brother out to the front of the building

It was pretty awkward when the elevator stopped at a floor and she saw Claire and some other classmates look her way. Upon recognizing Jason and her next to each other, she gave Lyndsy a falsely sweet smile and a wave that could've been directed to Lyndsy or Jason.

A normal person would've awkwardly or normally waved back. But it was Claire, which made Lyndsy reach for the 'close' button faster after the person who needed to get in, got in.

The car was a sleek, black, and expensive looking sports car that had leather seats. The windows were blacked out, which was probably for a sense of privacy.

While Jason was driving, Lyndsy was opening the compartments and playing with the radio.

Jason sent worried glances over to his sister.

When they arrived at the hospital Jason turned over to his sister and spoke to her, "If the paparazzi saw my license plate, they'd be taking pictures of us and creating a rumor."

"Life of a celebrity, I suppose." Lyndsy shrugged.

"Just a warning so you won't be caught completely off guard."

Lyndsy pulled on some sunglasses. "Where'd you get that?" Jason asked. Lyndsy just pointed at the overhead sunglasses compartment, in response.

"It may seem like no one's there, but they're everywhere." Jason warned, Lyndsy nodded.

"Gotcha."

They both got out of the vehicle and headed towards the hospital doors. Once the receptionist spotted them, her eyes widened at the man she saw on most covers.

"How may I help you?" She asked in a flirty voice, which caused Lyndsy mentally gag in disgust.

"A test regarding Lyndsy and Jason." Jason said in a monotone voice. Lyndsy realized that they already have something in common.

"Of course, the doctor will be with you soon." The receptionist batted her false eyelashes and gave a flirty smile.

Once they were away from the girl, Lyndsy turned to her brother and pretended to stick her finger down her throat. Amusement flickered in Jason's eyes. The receptionist glared at Lyndsy.