Chapter Three| It's My Fight

TOBIN'S POV

That night, I went to bed with such ease. What Alex has said to me, keeps going through my head and it makes me feel so much stronger. I know that what Alex said, she really means it. I want to trust her with my life, but I still need to be cautious about everything. She has the power to hurt me, and she has the power to stitch my heart back together.

----------

The Next Morning

I wake up, and I check my phone which already has a text from Alex.

A: Morning Toby! I'll walk to your house at around ten?

I check the time which reads 9:15 so I have some time to get myself ready.

T: See you then.

I go to the bathroom, take a quick shower. I throw on some clothes, and I walk outside and I meet Alex on my driveway. She smiles when she sees me, so I just smile back.

"How ya doing?" Alex asks me as we start walking along the sidewalk.

"Good, I guess." I answer back as I stare at the ground, as we walk in a slow pace.

"Well, where are we going today?" Alex asks me.

"Ice cream? I know it's early but who cares." I answer back with a small laugh, causing Alex to laugh too.

"Well, you can't say no to ice cream." Alex says, and we walk along the sidewalk. We walk all the way to the downtown area, where I show her around. I take Alex to the local ice cream shop, that is always filled with people at any hour. We both wait in line to order ice cream, and I pay for both. We sit outside, because inside is rather full, plus It's really nice out.

We talk about anything, just like yesterday. We shared jokes and stories and I got to know more and more about her. I got pretty comfortable telling her about myself, and I wasn't shy at all. She really does bring out the best in me. Then I hear the familiar voice, that I never wanted to hear, especially right now. Melissa Henderson.

"Well well well, who do we have here?" She says, and I look up at her, a smirk forms across her face, along with her group of friends right behind her.

"Melissa, leave us alone please." Alex says, as nicely as possible but it doesn't seem to work out.

"Alex Morgan.. I though you were with us? It's never too late to join us, so why not you leave that bitch and come with us." Melissa says back as she looks at me and gives me a dirty look. Those words, instantly killed me inside.

"Don't call her that." Alex says, slowly starting to raise her voice.

"Fine, leave that whore and join us." Melissa says, and that earns a laugh from her friends. But it only makes me even more hurt, and Alex angrier.

"I'm not going to join you, so if you excuse us. We were just leaving." Alex says as she grabs my hand and pulls me along with her.

"Woah woah woah, I wasn't done yet, now was I." Melissa says, as she blocks our path.

"Can't you just leave her alone? She hasn't done anything to you." Alex says, as she tries to defend me.

"Oh she's done so many things to me. She made me vomit because she wore such a hideous shirt. She made me choke because she scored a damn goal during scrimmage. Yep, some pretty serious damage." Melissa says as she gives one of her friends a high five. But I stay silent, not knowing what to say.

"You guys are assholes." Alex says with a straight face, and that seems to light up Melissa. She takes a step closer to Alex and they are face to face.