Chapter Seven| It's Been So Long

ALEX'S POV

I walk up the side of the mountain, the place where Tobin said to meet up. When I get up there, I find Tobin sitting on a rock and she smiles at me as I sit next to her.

"So what brings you up here?" I ask, as I look at Tobin with a smile.

"I guess the breeze makes everything more calm." Tobin says as she shrugs her shoulders. "Here, I want to show you something." Tobin says as she grabs my arm, and pulls me towards the end of a cliff.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I ask, as I start to feel a pit in my stomach.

"Positive." Tobin says with a weary smile. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" I ask as my voice starts to shake. The way Tobin said it makes me worried.

"I couldn't do it before, so I'm going to do it now. And I want you here with me." Tobin says as she slowly makes her way to the very edge of the cliff.

"Tobin, what are you doing?" I ask, taking a step closer to her.

"I'm doing what I should've done a long time ago." Tobin says without looking at me, finally she stands on the edge, and she looks at me. "This is a goodbye Alex Morgan." Tobin says as she leans backwards so she can fall. Instantly, I dive grabbing her hand just in time, as she hangs over the bottom.

"Tobin stop!" I yell as I get a better grip of her arm. I try pulling her up but she's just to heavy. "Im going to get help!" I say, as I take out my phone with one hand.

"I don't need help. This is it." Tobin says to me as I stare into her chocolate brown eyes. "I'll see you soon." Tobin says and she lets go of my hand and I watch as she falls.

"TOBIN!!!" I scream.

I sit up in bed, sweat dripping down my neck. It's just a dream I tell myself. I slowly swing my legs over my bed and I walk over to the bathroom. I splash my face with cold water and go back to bed. But, I can't fall back asleep. All I could think about is Tobin and how much I miss my best friend.

It's been one whole week since Tobin has been missing, and there is still no sign of her. Every morning and evening her investigation is on the news, and it always shows helicopters flying over forests. It shows search dogs, firemen, police, and some good Samaritans. All of them, searching every single ground in New Jersey.

One day, they interviewed Tobin's family, all of them still in shock that she just ran away, neither of them knowing why. Even her sisters Katie and Perry flew into New Jersey waiting for their littler sister to come back home. We are all waiting for her to come home.

The school year is coming to an end, only two weeks left until our graduation. All I want is for Tobin to be here, so we can graduate together just like we planned. I still have high hopes for the future that we both already planned out.

A couple days ago in the mail I received an envelope from the University of California, Berkeley. The college I want to go to right after high school. The school I've always wanted to go to, but I don't dare open the envelope that reveals if I got accepted or not. I promised Tobin that she will be the first to know and I don't break my promises. I know she'll be home soon and I just have to wait. I've attempted to open the envelope, but each day it reminds me of my best friend.

Thankfully, it's Saturday and lately I've been spending my weekends at home, I have been to unmotivated to do much of anything. Occasionally, Lauren and Amy would stop by and we would always check up on each other. Each of us knowing how hard it is for all of us, but we manage to go day by day.