Chapter Four| You're Not Fine

TOBIN'S POV

I wake up, Monday morning to get ready for school. I do what I always do every morning. Take a shower, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, fix my hair and sit on my couch and watch ESPN or whatever sports highlights they have. I hear my brother Jeffery join me on the couch, because this is what we always do, it's something I'm able to share with him. Just watching sports on TV.

At 7:30 I say my goodbyes to everyone in my house and I run out to the garage and I drive over to Lauren's house so I could give her a ride. As I pull up into her driveway, I already see her, sitting on her porch steps. "Took you long enough." Lauren says as she opens the car door and sits in the passenger seat next to me. "At least I came, so shut up." I chuckle at myself.

We drive to school listening to alternative music, like we do every school morning. "So how's your weekend Tobs?" Lauren asks me.

"It was pretty good, what about you Cheney?" I ask, as I still have my eyes glued to the road.

"Yeah, mine was good too. Amy and I went to Lake Marcia, spent the whole day there." Lauren says. "How about you? Anything eventful, probably not because you hate doings things on the weekend." Lauren says with a laugh, as we stop at a red light.

I look at Lauren, typing to give her my most serious face, but let's say it didn't work out to well because we both ended up laughing. "I hung out with Alex the whole weekend." I say with a smile, as the street light turns green.

"Really? Wow, how'd it go?" Lauren asks me.

"I'm not going to lie, it was pretty good actually. She plays soccer too." I say back, and I can almost see Lauren start to smile.

"Really? What position does she play?" Lauren asks me.

"She's a forward, and you know what's even better!" I say, getting Lauren a little excited as we park in the school parking lot.

"What!" Lauren asks anxious for what I have to say.

"She also wants to join the National Team after college!" I exclaim.

"Tobs, you need to bring me to her." Lauren says with a smile as we meet Amy at the flagpole.

"Hey Cheney, Tobs." Amy says with a smile as we all walk to our lockers together. Lauren starts filling Amy in about what I said about Alex, and they both seem to be happy that one, I made a new close friend, and two we all might have a chance at joining the National Team together.

"Well, I'll see you guys at lunch." Amy says as she walks a different direction, and Lauren and I walk to our history class together. Then I bump into a girl, she turns around and I realize it's Alex. "Tobin!" Alex exclaims as she pulls me into a hug. I glance over at Lauren and she just smiles over at me. "I was looking for you." Alex says as she beams at me. "Hi Lauren!" Alex says with a smile.

"Where are you guys going?" Alex asks us.

"Biology." Lauren answers back and I just nod my head.

"I'll see you guys at lunch." Alex says as she smiles and walks the other direction.

"She treats you so nicely." Lauren says as we take our seats in the back of the classroom.

"Yeah, I know. It's a little weird to be honest." I tell Lauren and she just laughs.

"You better get used to it Tobs, because we all love you." Lauren says and I just smile at her.

The morning went by slowly, like every other Monday morning. All I wanted was lunch to happen then go home. Actually, I just want to go home but lunch is the best part of school, because I finally get to just sit down with the people who mean the most to me; my best friends. I walk to the cafeteria alone, and I hear Melissa and her friends walking behind me, but I just ignore them. Even though it's pretty obvious who they're talking about, me. Then I hear the familiar raspy voice behind me, but Alex wasn't talking to me, she was talking to Melissa.