Chapter Seventeen | Together Again

ALEX'S POV

I wake up in the unfamiliar dorm room that Tobin and her roommate Christen stay in. I rub the sleep from my eyes and sit up in bed. I look over at my right side and I find Tobin sound asleep. Typical for me to wake up first when we have sleepovers. I carefully climb out of bed, careful not to wake her up.

I find out that it was just Tobin and I in the dorm room. I quietly leave the room, silently closing the door behind me. I swing my bag over my shoulder and I walk out. I go outside until suddenly I bump into someone. "Oh I'm sorry Alex!" I hear someone say.

I look up only to see that it was only Christen, I smile up at her. "It's okay." I say.

"So, where are you going?" Christen asks me.

"I was going to the hotel I was staying in so I can grab my luggage, I left it there." I say.

"You're leaving already?" Christen says.

"Yeah, I have to." I say, knowing how much I really want to stay.

"Well, you're not walking all the way to the city are you?" Christen says.

"Probably the bus or something." I say.

"Let me drive you." Christen says as she grabs her keys from her pocket. I follow her to her car and I hop into the passenger seat.

"You know how much Tobin talked about you? It was like non stop. But when things went down between you, she was a wreck. She cried herself to sleep every night and found herself staring at your pictures together." Christen says.

"I can't believe I did that to her, she didn't deserve any of that. She didn't have to go through that." I say as I shake my head.

"But she still loves you, and I know she does And I'm happy you two are okay now, I don't have to worry about her as much." Christen says.

"Did she say anything about me?" I ask.

"Oh, she said so many things about you I can't even say them all don't worry, they were all good things. She always said how she made you laugh, and smile and she always told me how much she really did love you." Christen says.

I smile at that. "Can you do something for me when I leave?" I ask.

"Sure, anything." Christen says.

"Take care of her, because I can't because long distance sucks." I say with a small laugh.

"I will, you don't have to worry." Christen says as she finally pulls up at the hotel I was suppose to stay in. I sign in, grab my luggage and sign out. I head back to her car and put my luggage in the trunk. Then, Christen takes us back to school grounds.

When we get there, webhead inside the dorm room. It looks like Tobin has just woken up. Typical I think to myself, she's always the last to get up. She rubs her eyes and looks at me and smiles. "Aren't you the typical sleepy head." I say jokingly as I set my luggage down in the floor which makes Tobin frown.

"Please don't tell me you're leaving already." Tobin says.

"I just have to go Toby, I can't stay here forever. Although I wish I could." I say.

"I know... I just missed you and now that you're here I don't want you to leave." Tobin says.

"Let's spend the whole day together then, I'll leave later tonight, how does that sound?" I say.

Tobin smiles up at me at the idea. "I need to take a shower." Tobin says as she jumps out of bed and heads straight to the small bathroom.

"She's like a little ball of energy I've never seen before." Christen says as she makes her bed.