Chapter Two| A Friendship is Born

TOBIN'S POV

After school today, I drove home, silence filling the air. I'm not sure how to explain the mood of today. I met someone who actually wanted to be friends me, like really wanted too. I've never had that before, know ever wants to be my friend, in fact I never had friends except for Lauren and Amy. But, Alex is different she just came out of the blue and I just never saw it coming. How could a girl like her be friends with a girl like me? I just don't get it. It's confusing in my eyes, I'm not sure how I'm suppose to cope with that. It's a whole different feeling, knowing someone chose you out of a million different people. Thank God it's Friday, I need all the time and space to think things through, I need time to think about what Alex has told me. First, I don't know a thing about her, except for the fact that her name is Alex Morgan. I have know idea where she came from and it's stuff that I actually want to know. I want to get to know her, but am I willing to tell her things that I usually don't tell people? Am I going to trust her with my life the way I trust Lauren and Amy? Are we going to make promises that we won't ever break?

Now that all of these thoughts are going through my brain, I am actually excited for what the future will hold. She might as well be the best friend I've been looking for my whole life. I mean, I love Lauren and Amy, they're the closet friends I ever had, but maybe Alex is someone different. I know I'm thinking way ahead, because I obviously have to get to know her before I can trust her. And for me, it takes a while for me to open up so we'll see how that goes. I wonder how long our friendship will last. One week? Three months? One year? Who knows, it might not even be called a friendship because she'll bail on me.

I park my car in the garage and I open my front door. My mom works at the hospital so she has a night shift tonight, my dad is on a business trip so I'm home alone for the most part. Jeffery is here, but he spends his time in the basement, who knows what he does down there. I go up to my room and I set my bag down. I go to the bathroom and take a shower and dress into comfy clothes. Even though I wear sweatpants every single day at school. Finally, I collapse onto my bed and just go on my phone, then I get a text from an unknown number.

A: Hey Tobin, it's Alex. I got your number from Lauren if that's okay.

I have know idea what to think at this point, first she wanted to be my friend and now she got my number just so she can talk to me? I just don't get this.

T: yeah that's fine.

I text back, not knowing what else to say.

T: Why did you want my number in the first place?
A: Don't you get it already? I just want to be friends with you. Unless you don't want to be friends with me, then I understand.
T: No it's not that, it's just that know one has ever wanted to be my friend anymore.
A: Oh, well then I get it now. But I want to be your friend.
T: if you really want too, then yeah sure.
A: good, so Tobin I want to get to know you. What sports do you play if you play any.
T: only soccer
A: really? Me too!
T: how long have you been playing?
A: I'm not sure, since I was four or five?
T: me too
A: after college, I'm looking to join the U.S. National Team
T: are you serious? Me too!
A: you're kidding!
T: nope, I'm not! It's been my dream to ever since I was little.
A: me too

I text Alex for hours, not even realizing what time it was.

T: it's late, I think I should be going to bed.
A: yeah, that's probably a good idea, but hey we should hang out tomorrow
T: that sounds good
A: i just moved here so I don't know much of the area
T: oh right, I'll pick you up
A: 12 sound good?
T: yeah, where do you live?
A: 802 Crystal Drive
T: only a block away from my house.
A: really?
T: yeah
A: that's pretty cool, well I'll see you tomorrow Tobin.
T: right, see you