Chapter Eight| Into The Future

Graduation Day

ALEX'S POV

I've spent three whole days with Tobin, as she has spent the night at my house for a couple days. But I was totally fine with it. We were able to catch up with the latest things, and as of right now. It feels like nothing has ever happened.

I told Tobin about Melissa, and she was quite surprised with her reaction. We've been looking through some of her tweets, and she deleted almost all of the comments that went to Tobin. So I guess it's a start.

Graduation is today and I am more than excited. Yesterday, Tobin and I went dress shopping. And I am just so excited for the moment to finally come. As I wake up. I slightly turn my head and I see Tobin still asleep next to me. I check the time and I realize that it's 9:37 and our graduation ceremony is at twelve o'clock. And we need all the time in the world to get ready.

I grab the pillow I was laying on and I use it and smack Tobin with it. "Tobinnnnn." I say as I watch as Tobin puts a pillow on top of her head. "Just give me another hour." Tobin mumbles and she falls back asleep almost instantly. I roll my eyes as I climb out of bed. I run down the kitchen and I already find my parents sitting at the table.

"Perfect, I was just about to wake you two up." My dad says, as he takes a sip of coffee.

"Actually, I'm trying to wake Tobin up." I say as I pour ice cold water into a cup. I hear my parents both laugh and they shake their heads.

"Just make sure no one gets hurt." My dad says as he chuckles, and I just laugh along with him.

I carefully walk up the stairs, careful not to spill the cup of water. Finally, I stand on the side of the bed where Tobin is sound asleep. But I don't hesitate. I splash the cold water on her and instantly she sits up in bed. I grab my stomach as I laugh so hard, and I laugh even harder as Tobin attempts to glare at me. But, in the end we both end up laughing until we literally start to cry.

"Toby, go shower first." I say as I grab her arm and drag her off my bed. Then I push her into the bathroom, making sure to throw in some clothes.

Lauren and Amy are coming over at my house so we can all help each other out with the makeup and our hair styles.

By the time, Tobin and I already changed into the dresses we were going to wear, Lauren and Amy show up at my door and we begin.

After about two hours of make up and doing our hairs we finish. We hang out at my place until it's time. Then, I remembered my letter from, The University of California, Berkeley. "Hey, Tobin. Can I show you something?" I ask.

"Sure." Tobin says and we walk over to my room leaving Lauren and Amy down stairs. I find the envelope and I show it to Tobin. Her eyes turn huge and a smile goes across her face.

"I never opened it." I sat quietly as I feel the edges of the envelope.

"Alex, why not?" Tobin asks me.

"Remember? We have to open it together." I answer back.

"Well, let's see if you got in!" Tobin says excitedly.

"But what if I don't get in Tobin? This is my dream school." I say as I feel my hands start to shake.

"You'll make it, I know it." Tobin says.

"Well, what about you?" I ask before opening it.

"I mean, I sent an application to North Carolina. But I haven't got anything yet." Tobin says.

"We'll both make it, I have high hopes. Then, maybe after college we could join the National Team with Lauren and Amy. Just like we had hoped for." I say with a slight smile. I'm so anxious to know if I got in or not. Carefully, I open the envelope and I take the letter out of it and place it in my hands.