Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan

TOBIN'S POV

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Months turned into years. Time has been going by so fast that it's already been one year since joining the National Team and its so far been the best experience in my entire life. I still can't believe that I'm playing at this level at such a young age but it's a dream come true and that's all that matters. Everyday I am always so thankful for having this opportunity to meet new and amazing people. One day, just like any other practice day my old friend Christen Press showed up to the practice and it was quite surprising and little did I know that she has joined the National Team. And the same thing happened with Kelley O'Hara and each day I was wondering when Alex will join the team. If Kelley was able to come in at this time, then she should too.

Being on the National Team with a few of your best friends is probably something that I never expected. I've gotten closer with all of them during this journey and yes I have gotten to know the others on the team as well, especially our veterans.

Just last week we won our game which gave us a spot in the World Cup and it got us all pretty excited. But what sucks is that these past five games Alex hasn't gone to any of the games that I bought her tickets too and I don't know. I guess I was just so used to seeing her in the stands and celebrating after a goal. But it's whatever I guess, she can't make it to all the games so not a big deal.

This week is going to be a lot of hard work and practice. Especially because the tournaments start in two weeks, we all need to be fully prepared for this. Jill is having us do incredibly tough work outs, but in the end I guess they are worth it.

Ali and I woke up at the same time from the alarm clock. "Here goes another horrid practice. Tobin it was nice knowing you." Ali says as she plants her face into a pillow and I just laugh as I throw a pillow at her.

"Come on Ali, we have breakfast in a few and training lets get to it." I say as I bounce on her bed making her mumble something I couldn't quite hear. "I'm sorry, what was that?" I say.

"I said get off the bed or I'll make you get off." Ali mumbles as she throws a pillow at me.

"Someone's a little moody, looks like she can use a little cheering up." I say as a smirk forms across my face.

"Tobin don't you dare..." Ali says but it was to late. I begin tickling her, causing both of us to laugh so hard until we could hardly even breathe. "Okay Tobin you win, now get off of me." Ali says as she shoves me off. We both change into practice clothes and we head down to the dining room to join the rest of the team for breakfast. Like everyday I sat with Kelley, Press, HAO, Arod and Cheney and we all talked about the most random things.

Finally we went to the soccer field for training but usually the first ten minuets are just stretching and whatever. I walk up to Kelley. "Hey have you heard from Alex yet?" I ask.

"Nope, I mean I've tried calling her but she never answered." Kelley says as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Oh, because I've sent her tickets to some of our games, and she hasn't gone to any of them." I say as I let out a sigh.

"Maybe she's busy or out of town or something. Come on don't worry about it now, we have training in a few minuets." Kelley says as she smiles at me and all I do is smile back.

I go over to where my duffle bag is and I take out my phone and I decided to call Alex during this spare time I have. I find her name in my contacts and I hit her number, and I wait as each ring passes by.

--------

ALEX'S POV

I hear my phone ring in my pocket and I have trouble taking it out, then I realize it was Tobin. A smile goes across my face as I swing my duffle over my shoulder. Little does she know that I'm here, and I have a perfect view of Tobin, crouching by her bag with her phone by her ear. She doesn't know that I finally got accepted to the National Team and that today is my first day of training. The only reason why I never answered anyone's calls was because of this, and I'm ready to surprise them.