Chapter Thirteen | Reuniting

THIS WILL BE CHANGING POV'S A LOT SO PAY ATTENTION

Time skip, one week later.

TOBIN'S POV

I wake up with a pit in my stomach, knowing that today is tryouts for soccer and I want to make the team more than anything else in this world. Christen and I have been practicing on the pitch and they are killer practices. As freshman in college, we have a slightly disadvantage because we are the youngest. There are a lot of other girls who have been on the team and have experienced being on the team before. But I know that Christen and I are capable of topping them.

Christen and I wake up, eat breakfast and dress into our practice uniforms, having high hopes for the outcome of today. "Are you nervous?" I ask as I swing my duffle over my shoulder and I follow Christen to the soccer field.

"I would be crazy if I wasn't." Christen says as she laughs a nervous laugh. "But we got this Tobin, and I know you got this. You're one hell of a soccer player. And quite frankly you're better then me."

"If anything you're the better player, I'm just good at nutmegs." I say with a small laugh."

Finally we make it to the pitch and there's already a lot of girls, enough girls to make me more nervous then before. "And we are suppose to be better then all of them?" I ask, Christen nervously.

"I guess so." Christen says as she shrugs her shoulders. I want both of us to make the soccer team, and to do that I guess we have to work and play hard. Finally one of the head coaches blows his whistle and has us all gathered up in a circle.

"Okay, ladies. Welcome to the girls soccer tryouts. We just want you to work hard, and do the best you can. Results will be posted tomorrow or later tonight, so stay tuned. Good luck to all, let's begin." The coach says as he blows his whistle and we all line up to start the first set.

Tryouts weren't as bad today, in fact I felt pretty good about myself because by the look on everyone's faces. I think Christen and I found ourselves on top. Thanks to the extra training Christen and I took, this was pretty easy and we are in pretty good shape. I met up with Christen outside of the locker room and she gave me her biggest smile. "We nailed it Heath!" She says as she gives me a hug. I smile at her as I hug her back.

"What did you think about it?" I say with a smile. It's like I haven't smiled in years.

"Pretty darn easy. Like seriously? I did worse drills then that." Christen says with a laugh.

"So, anything on your mind when it comes to lunch?" I ask.

"Panera, Panera oh and did I mention Panera?" Christen says.

I let out a laugh. "Panera it is." I say, and I laugh as Christen squeals in excitement.

----------

ALEX'S POV

Tryouts were last week and I was super nervous for the results. Kelley and I were heading to the Athletic Center where the final roster would be posted. We walked over there and when we saw the board that had the list hanging on it, we stopped walking and stared at it. We couldn't read it, but the roster can make us so incredibly happy or tear us apart. "God, I hope we made it." I say, as I let out a deep breath.

"Are you kidding me? I bet you made it!" Kelley says as she nudges me in the shoulder.

"Let's find out." I say as Kelley grabs my hand and we walk over to the board that held the list. My eyes wandered up and down the list and I spotted my name towards the middle of the list. A smile forms across my face as I put my hand over my mouth. My smile only grew wider when I saw that Kelley was on the list to.