Chapter Five | You're Safe Now

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE DISTRUBING FOR READERS

Six months later

ALEX'S POV

I've been very fortunate enough to have three great friends here in New Jersey. I expected so much more here, like back in California, I had the one hundred friends everyone wish they had. But I settled here in New Jersey with just three, and only three and I'm not complaining. It's easier, and we always have a good time. As close as I am with the older midfielder, Tobin. I've gotten closer with the girl they call Arod, and Lauren Cheney and I'm grateful. They're all such great and fun people to be around, and I always look forward to seeing them, knowing we'll always have a good time.

Tobin is still currently dealing with the threats Melissa Henderson throws at her, and they seem to never stop. In fact, they seem to be getting more harsh and frightening. To this day, I have know idea what Tobin feels inside and quite frankly, I'm really worried about her. Last week at school, she didn't even say a word to me, only a hey or a bye. I try talking to her but she always says a quick "I have to go." And she just walks away, not even looking back. Lauren and I are pretty close, and we both seem to notice her change in mood and Lauren being the second oldest out of the four of us. She's pretty scared, I mean aren't we all.

Even during our high school soccer games and practices, the four of us always talk in our small little group while doing drills. But lately Tobin has been isolating herself from us. On one of our games last week, she was completely out of it. Her passes were so sloppy,  and she's been turning over the ball. She's skipped a few practices and it's really hard to ignore. Especially with Melissa on the team it's hard for Tobin, and I don't blame her.

During lunch at school, the midfielder barely touches her food, it's like someone or something just drained the life out of her, and talking to her wont do anything because she won't even talk. I've talked to her mom and dad, but they just said "it's that time of year again." But I really don't believe that. Today being the beginning of a new week. Monday's are the days Tobin hates the most. She's always tired and quite a mess when she comes to school, but I don't blame her it's Monday. But she's been acting like that every single day of the week and I have no idea why.

Tobin's sudden change in mood has been going on for almost three weeks, and we can't help her, because she won't even talk to us, she won't even look at us. So, there's clearly something wrong with her. Lauren, Amy and I can't figure out what's wrong. Although i have noticed the threats on Twitter that go directly to Tobin, and she probably got shut down while reading them. Good thinking Alex. 

I drive to school, like I do every morning, and of course I pick up Amy on my way to school. And lately, I have to pick up Lauren too and it's quiet strange because it's always Tobin who drives Lauren to school.

"Hey Cheney." I say as she hops into the back seat. I look at the curly haired girl through the mirror and she seems drained, but she forces a smile. "Guys, we really need to figure out what hell is wrong with Tobin. I'm serious this time, I'm getting tired of seeing everyone so drained. We need to get to the bottom of this." I say as I look at Amy who sits in the passenger seat next to me, then I look at Lauren through the mirror.

"How? She won't even talk to us." Amy says back as she takes out her phone and begins to scroll through her Twitter.

"We'll force her to talk today at lunch, it kills me seeing her like this. Amy, look at Melissa's profile and look at all the comments on Tobin." I say as we pull into the school parking lot. Strange, because Tobin is usually the first one here, but her car is no where in sight. "Where is she?" I ask as we all step out of the car.