Epilogue

TOBIN'S POV

It's been two years since Alex died... Since my best friend died. It was almost impossible for me or anyone to move on. It felt so lonely without her, I hated knowing that she was no longer by my side, she was thousands of miles away to the point where I can't reach her. The year when she died I spent that entire year in grief, wishing that I could hold her, wishing I could hear her laugh, wishing that I could see her smile. Everyday I wish that I could go up to her and tell her I love her, that I love her so much. Everyday I wish that she was here with me. But she just had to go so soon.

I wake up from the light shining through the curtains. Another day of waking up, it should have been another day Alex was still alive. Most of the team has already moved on, most of them are thinking about other things. Me, I spend everyday thinking about Alex, what she could be doing right now.
With a long sigh I sit up in bed and pull the covers off of me. I take a shower, put on some clothes and go back to my bed and sit there while watching TV. Today we had a day off, which was definitely needed. I look over at the empty bed next to me, one that used to belong to Alex. I look away from it when there was a knock on my door. My heart skips a beat whenever there is a knock on the door. I'm always thinking that it's Alex coming with two cups of coffees in her hands. I go up and open the door only to see that it was just Kelley. "Hey." she says as she pulls me in for a hug.
"Hi." I say as I hug her back and let her inside my room.
"Feel's like forever since I was last in here." Kelley says as she goes deeper in the room, but stops when she sees Alex's bed. "I never had the courage to come up here... because of this." Kelley says as she slowly walks to the bed and runs her hand through it. "How are you holding up?" Kelley asks.

"Just living day to day you know? I miss her." I say back.
"I miss her to you know."
"Why'd she have to go Kels?" I ask.
"You know I can't answer that." Kelley says.
"I know, it's just that I want to see her. I want to see her smile, I want to hear her voice again. I want to feel her with me." I say.
"She is with you Tobin. I know I can't ever relate to what you are going through but you have to move on. That's what she would want for you." Kelley says.
"You don't know what she would want!" I finally yell back.
Kelley's eyes widen and I realized what I had just said. I let out a long sigh as I run my hand through my hair. "I'm sorry." I mumble.
"You'll get past this. Alex always told me that you were strong and you are Tobin, so believe it because I do. I believe it." Kelley says as she pulls me in for a hug. Kelley starts to make her way toward the door.
"Is it true?" I say as Kelley turns around to look at me.
"What's true?" Kelley asks.
"That's what Alex would want for me..."
"Of course." Kelley says. "I'm going to visit Alex."
"Why?" I ask.
"It's her birthday." Kelley says. I just nod my head yes. Feeling guilty for not even remembering my best friend's birthday. As Kelley leaves the room, I close the door and lay down on my bed.

I felt Alex's lips against my cheek and she pulled away with a huge grin on her face.
"What was that for?" I say as I smile back at her.
"Because I love you." Alex says in a sing song voice.
"I love you too Lex, now let's go I have a surprise." I say as I grab her arm and pull her with me.
"Surprise on my twenty fifth birthday, sounds fun." Alex says as we slide into my car and I drive somewhere.
"So, want to give me a hint on where we are going before I think you're about to kidnap me?" Alex says a she playfully punches me in the shoulder.
"It's a long surprise." I say.
After about an hour drive we finally arrive at the airport.
"Oh how lovely." Alex says as she closes the car door. I grab two already packed luggages from the trunk and Alex and follows me into the airport. "So you're going to send me off somewhere on my own? Quite the friend you are only giving me two luggages to survive." Alex says as she lets out a yawn.
"Relax, just enjoy it." I say with a laugh.
"Yep, totally enjoy standing in line going to an unknown place that you won't tell me about." Alex says. I just smile at her as we finally get our tickets and wait in the waiting lounge before our flight is called. Alex fell asleep on my shoulder, didn't even know she was that tired.
Minuets later our flight was called and I gently shook Alex awake. She tiredly gets up and follows me to the gate, where we board the plane and get comfortable on our seats. "Planning on telling me where we are going anytime soon?" Alex asks as she yawns again.
"You'll find out when we get there." I say as I pat my shoulder and Alex lays her head on it."Go to sleep, you'll need it."
"Of course I do. You better get some sleep too." Alex says.
"Yeah I know. But happy twenty fifth Alex. You grow up so fast." I say.
"Thanks Toby, it's a good life with a great friendship with you. Here's to many more?" Alex says as she holds up her pinky.
"Many more." I say as we cross pinkies.