Chapter 15: Military Ball?

I'm so tied and I still have to go to school! I didn't plan on taking a stupid sleeping pill, but I did. I just had to get some shut eye. I put on my shoes and get my backpack off the floor. As I'm going downstairs, I hear my mom rambling to the guys who just groan in response.

"Skyler, I'm glade you're awake." Mom smiles. "The Military Ball has come up again."

The Military Ball is this thing we attend ever year when we want to thank all of the people in the Navy, so now it's that time of year. Meaning, my dad will be coming home maybe tomorrow and my mom will be dragging me to get a dress.

Of course every year is a hassle because I hate dresses. I only wear them to make her happy, so I just go along with it. "That's nice." I mumble and yawn. "Well, we talk about it later. I have to get to school."

"Have a good day kids!"

When we got home last night, it was around three in the morning and all of us got about two or three hours of sleep. It's not going to be a surprise if we get sent to the office for sleeping. In the car, Jayden, Hayden, Xander, Bradley, A.J, Jedediah and Nate get in and snuggle to there backpacks like pillows.

It's to bad I always get stuck driving!

"Jayden, your ass is a fabulous pillow." Hayden mumbles.

"Thanks. It's called instafluff, it's not available in stores, but soon, you can rent your own Jayden and use it's ass as a pillow." Jayden smiles.

When we pull up in front of the school, I slowly get off the car, groaning because my thighs are so sore. To make it even worse, I have volleyball practice today! I'm not up for this today... When I finally get off the car, I look up to see Blake smirking at me.

"What's wrong with you?" He smirks.

"Never do quality time with my parents." I sigh. "Blake, carry me to class."

Before I knew it, Blake threw me on top of his shoulder and now he is walking to class. "You know I was kidding, right?"

"Well, I wasn't."

I frown. "Weren't you in Rome?"

"My flight got delayed. My mom thinks it's a good idea if we go another time."

"And when is that?"

"Probably next month." He sigh.

"Isn't that a bit to long?"

"Yes, but if I get to see her, it's worth the wait."

"Aww! Blake has a soft spot!"

"Everyone does."

When we get to class, he puts me down because he needs to go meet the new Ann for the play. I go sit next to Vanessa who is oddly looking... Happy. I would of thought she would of been sad since she needed to leave Colton. "Someone is in a great mood." I smile.

"You know you Zavala's has a power." Vanessa smiles. "You always manage to make people happy."

"Your high." I snort.

"High on love."

"That's cheesy." I laugh.

"Moving on." She laughs. "I heard the new Ann is a whore."

"Who?" I frown.

"This girl named Joslyn." Vanessa shrugs. "She is known for sleeping with every guy in school."

"Even Blake?"

Vanessa snorts. "Blake is the hottest guy in school. Of course he got laid by her."