Chapter 20: Practice.

Dress shopping has never been my favorite thing. We are back at this damn mall because last week, we still couldn't find me a perfect dress. "Mom." I groan. "I can just go in jeans with a nice simple shirt."

My mom snorts. "No you can't. You need to be looking perfect!"

"Just because you made Blake my escort?" I roll my eyes.

"Yes." She smiles. "Now come on, we have a lot of racks to search."

*****

"Ugly."

"Ugly."

"Pretty... Ugly."

"Skyler please." Mom sighs. "This dress is beautiful."

"If you want me to look like Medusa, sure." I give her a nice innocent smile.

"You have to stop giving your mom a hard time." I jump as I hear Blake's soothing deep voice.

"Thank you, Blake." Mom forces a smile. "Skyler should just pick a dress and be happy with it."

"Hey." I laugh. "You're the one who wanted to come dress shopping once again."

"I am taking a break, I'll see you guys in a hour."

Now that mom doesn't want to hear me whining, I will go home and sleep for a hour and come back to this torture. I look back to Blake who is examining a dress. "What about this one?"

I walk over to where Blake is standing. The dress is silky white. It looks acceptable. "Try it on." I take the dress off the rack and go into the dressing room. As I put it on, I look at myself in the mirror. It's the perfect fit. As I step foot out of the dressing room, Blake smiles.

"It looks perfect."

"Are you sure?" I make a face.

"Yes!"

****

When I was done buying the dress, Blake and I decided to stay at the mall and look around. The first store we went in is the music store. The first thing my eyes landed on is, "Beauty Behind The Madness.". It's a need in life.

"We'll buy that later." Blake smiles as he takes my hand. "We have to find something."

I groan. "Find what?"

"The military ball is in one week. We still need to practice a whole lot if you want to win those competitions."

"I actually don't give two craps about the competitions."

"Of course you don't." He laughs. "But I do, so look around for some music that is good."

"Beauty Behind The Madness is good music!" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Sure it is." Blake says sarcastically. "Just look around."

"Not until you admit it."

If this boy doesn't admit that Beauty Behind The Madness Is good music, there will be injuries. I mean, I know people can have there own likes, but come on! His music is great!!

"Fine." Blake says leaning in. "His music is the best out of all."

I can feel his lips brushing on mine. Oh my god. I want to kiss him. I really want to kiss him now. You know how guys are supposed to make the first move? Well that's not what happened because I made the first move.

Blake immediately reacted.

****

I am now back at my house thinking about that stupid kiss! After we were done, everything went back to normal. We continued to make fun of each other, but what does that make us?