Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining

Chapter Thirteen: Silver Lining

- Zeus Achilles -

"You've been MIA lately," Zeus gave Seige a sideway glance nang makasabay niya ito sa hall patungo sa Dining Hall.

"I just saw you last night" she gave him an incredulous back and he was shock for getting that kind of reaction from her.

Sumunod nga pala ito sa kanila kagabi, due to Ezra's wish. But then again, there are a lot of things bothering his mind lately kaya siguro ay hindi niya masyadong pinansin ang presensya nito.

Seige gave him a knowing smile. "There is something bothering you Zeus Sinclaire."

It came out as a statement. Hindi na siya nagulat dito, Seige can point out anything that's wrong, especially from him. He finds it creepy and fascinating at the same time. He was like an open book to her.

"It's Zeus, just Zeus." He chided with a snort. He thinks she will never drop that formal 'Zeus Sinclaire' down kung hindi niya ito sisitahin.

"Okay," Seige nodded with a small smile. "Just Zeus."

"Do you want to skip breakfast?" Zeus suddenly said when they're nearing the Dining Hall's open doors. Marami silang kasabay maglakad, it is breakfast hour after all. Some even gave the both of them wry glances, para namang hindi ito sanay na makita silang magkasama ni Seige. Seige hangs out with Ezra, that doesn't make Zeus any different.

Seige stopped walking and tilts her head at him. "It's the most important meal of the day."

Zeus shrugged, like he doesn't know that. But he'll let it slip. "I'm really not that hungry"

And I don't want to see Flame.

"Adrianna won't like it if you skip meals"

"Since when did you became first name basis with my Mother?"

"Since the night of the party," Seige smoothly answered. "She's a very fine lady, you're very lucky to have her as your Mother."

"Yeah, she's the best" His answer was automatic. "C'mon! Skipping breakfast won't hurt!"

"Ezra will require my presence"

"She has Enzo to keep her company"

He'd rather hang out with someone who knows his situation than be conscious with his moves when he sees Flame.

Seige raised a brow at him but then caves in with a shrug. "Okay. Where are we going?"

They ended up wandering to the falls, and he ended up telling her everything. Maybe it's okay to bottle things up but not always. He has been keeping this for so long, maybe it was time someone listens to him. It made everything better kahit na ang problema mismo ay hindi pa ayos. He was thankful that Seige was all ears at wala itong sinabi na kahit ano habang nagsasalita siya.

"You shouldn't have yelled at her," Seige said after letting him breathe.

"I know" Zeus answered in a calm tone. He thought about that, sana ay hindi nalang niya ginawa.

"But maybe your tone gave her a reality check," Seige gave him a sideway glance.

"I hope so..."

"If you've been through a lot of fights then you can go through this one"

He let out a bitter laugh. "She can't even look at me"

"Have you tried talking to her?"

Umiling siya sa tanong nito.