Chapter Forty-one: The Key

(A/N: I have my own definition of Nephilims)

Chapter Forty-one: The Key

- Athena Adrianne -

"H-how?" Athena stepped back. Hindi niya matanggal ang kanyang mata sa pakpak ni Seige.

Athena's lips parted. "Angels aren't part of---"

"The Pyramid, I know." Seige finished. "Our kind were already considered extinct before the Pyramid was even made"

"But the books I've read---"

"Doesn't have straight facts," Seige said. "I'll explain everything to you if you come with me"

"Zeus will be worried," Athena shook her head. "I'll just let him see me and I'll come with you"

Hindi na niya papalagpasin pa ito. Seige is here in front of her, willing to explain everything. Athena can't let this moment pass.

"If that's what you want," Seige nods.

      Athena ran as fast as she could, Seige agreed to meet her back where she left her. Kailangan lang niyang magpakita sa Kuya niya and then she'll sneak out. Hindi niya alam kung saan siya dadalhin ni Seige, mukha namang wala itong balak na masama. But she will make precautionary measures.

"Where have you been?" Zeus asked as soon as he laid his eyes on Athena. Kumpleto na silang lahat, mukhang siya nalang ang hinihintay.

"I uhm..." Athena's eyes searched for Enzo. Naka tingin na ito sa kanya. She gave him a meaningful look before turning her eyes to her brother again. "I got caught up a bit. Let's go?"

Like the the usual, Zeus tucked her in bed. Nang lumabas na ito Athena waited for a few minutes to check if the coast is clear before writing down a note.

If I'm not back in two hours, come and find me. - A.S.

P.S I'm with Seige

Iniwan niya ang note sa kanyang night stand. She knows Enzo decoded the look she gave him kaya pupuntahan siya nito. She just had to leave now because Seige is waiting for her.

She jumped off the window and ran to where she left Seige.

Akala niya ay wala na ito, 'yon pala ay nakatambay ito sa taas ng puno, staring down at her.

"I fly, you run" Seige said. "Just follow my lead"

Athena's lips parted in awe as Seige gracefully unfurled her wings like sails of a ship, carrying her up. Her bare feet left the tree trunk as she descends up, blocking the moonlight with her angelic form.

She really can't belive that after all this time, a creature like Seige existed.

There wasn't any record on how Angels vanished. Or maybe she hasn't read about them enough. But there are proof that they once existed. Everyone knew Angels were here even before Vampires. Athena didn't know of their kind got to co-exist with them.

"Where are we going?"

The way Seige flapped her wings made the wind increase. It carried such a strong force. Athena is too awestruck by it dahil ngayon lang siya nakakita ng ganito.

"We're going to Mermont"

Wala nang nagawa si Athena kundi sumunod when Sige suddenly dashed towards the night. She had to pick up her pace to keep up.

Habang tumatakbo siya, hindi na niya naiwasang hindi tingalain ito.

Seige was gracefully flying, meeting the wind with each flap of her massive white wings. It was broad and plush, three times larger than the size of Seige's body. Athena wanted to know how the feathers would feel under her touch. Gustong niyang hawakan ito. She really hasn't seen anything like it.