Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around

- Zeus Achilles -

"Enzo knows. I don't know how dammit!" Zeus rolled his eyes as Asher dropped in the seat next to him at the library.

Kinabukasan na ang exam at sinasabay nila ang pag pa-plano ng party sa pag re-review. Party ito ni Ezra kaya marami talagang aasikasuhin. Kung si Enzo ang tatanungin wala nang party na mangyayari. Their Aunt Carly wants to celebrate the twins' 18th birthday.

"Dude that's Enzo," Zeus said. "No one knows how he does it"

Seige sat in front of them, dropping the books they need for one subject on the table.

"Why are you two always together?" Asher suddenly questioned. Zeus saw Seige raise her brow.

"Why are you jealous?"

"Oo pare. Alam mo namang mahal kita pero bakit mo ako sinasaktan ng ganito?" Asher dramatically replied.

"Get lost, Ash" Tinaboy naman ito palayo.

Asher just laughed before clearing his throat, "Everything's all set. Si Ezra nalang ang masu-surprise dahil alam na nga ni Enzo. I already told Auntie Carls. I'm going to leave you two now. See you both later"

When Asher left, Seige turned to Zeus and said, "You should be the one asking him, kung bakit hindi na sila mapaghiwalay ni Flame"

"I don't care anymore," Zeus shook his head and opens another book. He had feeling that Seige is just ticking him off. "She can do what she wants"

"But you still care for her," Seige continues, stating the ever so obvious.

"Of course I do. May pinagsamahan parin naman kami. Kahit na mali pa 'yon"

Zeus loves how he openly talks about his relationship with Flame to Seige. He regret seeing her as a threat at first dahil sa huli ay ito pa pala ang makakaligtas sa kanya.

Sa nakaraang mga linggo ay tuluyan na silang hindi nagpansinan ni Flame but he can see the looks she's been sending. She wants them to talk ngunit hindi niya pinapaunlakan ito. The feeling was still there but it wasn't as strong as before kaya ayaw pa niyang lumapit ng tuluyan dito kasi baka bumalik lahat. Baka masayang lang ang pag layo niya.

"But I can't stay away just like that. I can't ignore her for the rest of my life," he said after a moment of silence. His tone was hushed dahil hindi lang naman sila ang students sa library ngayon.

They were taking a stroll by the field, after ending their study time nang magsalita muli si Zeus. "You know Seige, I'm okay with the state of things right now. I don't want to complicate stuff anymore by inviting her in my life again. I get so distracted everytime we're together at hindi yon pwede ngayon"

"Did you ever wonder why?" Seige asked. "Hindi mo ba inisip na bakit ganon? Bakit parang kayo lang dalawa sa mundo at wala nang iba tuwing magkasama kayo? I've seen how you turn reckless when it comes to Cassandra Flame. I'm comparing the past from the present and you know what? It's like you're a completely different person back then"

"I could say the same to you," he nudged her arm. "Where's Seige and what have you done to her?"

"I'm serious," tinulak naman siya nito.

Zeus inhaled a deep breath. "Back then I was blind. Now I snapped out of it but I'm not completely free. There are still traces of her in my system. I can't just wipe her off just like that. I admit there's still a part of me that wants to give her another chance but the smarter part pulls me away everytime she gets close"