Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely

- Athena Adrianne -

Athena was tracing patterns while staring at the ceiling. She promised her Father na hindi siya lalabas. Lalabas naman dapat siya and follow them home then be back tomorrow morning but she was guarded by her brother.

Zeus just left a few minutes ago. Pinilit lang niya itong lumabas ng kwarto, he doesn't literally need to keep an eye on her 24/7. Kapag kasi tapos na ang klase parehas lang silang nakakulong sa kwarto, he'll sometimes bring Seige with him. Aiane doesn't feel that girl very much kaya nananahimik nalang siya kapag magkasama ang dalawa.

She's just waiting for the pull. She wants to travel again but she hasn't been to anywhere this week. The last was with that weird girl Ysobelle. She was hoping to get a follow up, maybe see her face again.

Ysobelle... Ysobelle... Ysobelle...

"Who are you?" Athena whispered and gathered her hair that hung at the edge of the bed, tying it in a messy bun.

Naka indian seat siya habang nagtatali ng buhok, facing the door when it suddenly opens.

"Kuya---" At first she thought it was her brother but... "Enzo?"

Athena's eyes winded when she saw him standing at her door. "What are you doing here?"

"I..." Enzo's forehead creased, finding the right words to say. "I wanted to check on you"

"Why?" Athena's eyebrow raised. "I'm alright, just a bit bored but I'll live. You can come in you know. Don't just stand there"

Students who are passing by are looking kaya niya inimbitahang pumasok si Enzo at ginagawa naman nito.

Enzo closed the door behind him and trailed his eyes over her whole room. It's not the first time he'd been in her room kaso lang matagal na rin itong hindi nakakapasok sa kwarto niya.

"There's nothing much to see here," Athena said, following Enzo's gaze.

Her room is almost bare. Minimal lang ang interior nito at organize ang lahat. In short, it's pretty boring.

"So..." Enzo trailed awkwardly, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"So?" Athena raised her brow, she's starting to get amused with the awkwardness.

What is he really doing here?

"How are you?"

"I'm okay," Athena shrugged, not sure what to answer.

She felt the air change in an instant when Enzo boldy sat next to her on her bed. Napa urong siya bigla dahil sa biglaang pag lapit nito.

Athena wanted to vanish right then and there dahil hindi na siya maka hinga ng maayos. Enzo Heath was sitting next to her, facing her.

Composed naman siya tuwing magkakalapit sila, why is now so different?

Was it because of the thought that he wanted to know her state? Dahil ba bumisita ito sa kanya?

She's over thinking again.

Athena jumped when Enzo suddenly grabs her hand at mariin rin ang tingin nito dito, as if he was figuring something out. Hindi naman niya mailayo ang kanyang kamay dahil sa nararamdaman. And no it wasn't kilig. She felt the pull.

Something is dragging her away from reality.

Their eyes connected before the second Athena finally vanished.