Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel

Song: Crystals by Of Monsters and Men

Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel

"Sometimes the best thing to do is be silent and watch how everything plays out..."

- Athena Adrianne -

Athena waited until everyone was asleep before sneaking out. Hindi siya pwede sa hagdan bumababa dahil baka makita siya ni Zeus, sa pool lang kasi ito naka tambay. And she couldn't risk passing by her parents' room.

Tulog na si Aria at Ezra. Enzo who's just above Ezra's bed is asleep too.

The younger ones along with Gianna had fun in the mini pool bago sumuko sa tulog. Blake's mouth is even open.

Athena chuckled at how silly her little brother looked before throwing the cover off her body. Nag panggap siyang tulog kanina ngunit naka idlip talaga siya pero ilang minuto lang naman.

Athena snatched her slippers under the bed and put her jacket on. Dahan dahan niyang binuksan ang pinto sa veranda, buti nalang at nasa labas si Asher at Flame. Malapit pa naman sa veranda ang kama ng dalawa kundi mahuhuli agad siya.

The cool breeze welcomed Athena as she walked to the metal railings.

Okay Aiane you can do this. Just jump over the railing and land on the sand. Don't freakin sprain your ankle this time.

Athena took a deep breath. Her hands turned clammy when it connected to the cold metal.

Binigla na niya ang pag talon. A second later, her feet felt the sand. She landed a clean jump.

Hindi na siya nag sayang pa ng oras. Athena ran to the shore, not daring to look back.

She ran far enough to reach the giant rock formations. She went around it and saw the beach still had a long way to go. With the rocks blocking her, wala nang makakakita sa kanya dito. This is a safe spot.

"Ambrose!" Athena yelled. "I know you're there!"

If the angels are really watching them everywhere they go then one of them has got to be here. She doesn't know how their shifting works kaya hindi siya sigurado kung sino ang makakausap niya ngayon.

"Ambrose!" Athena yelled again. "Amarande!"

She kept circling the place, trying to search for them until a voice made her stop.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" The voice said softly.

Athena let out a deep breath and face the direction where the voice came from.

Ambrose was sitting on top of a rock, gaze locked on the shimmering moon above with his golden wings flared.

Athena's mouth fell open.

Wings of an angel left her breathless once again.

Ambrose held a certain glow as though he's brighter than the moon.

"Luna looks alive tonight," Ambrose breathed, still gazing up. "Truly a beauty"

"Yeah... so beautiful" A breath escaped Athena's lips. She's sure magkaiba ang tinutukoy nila.

"So Athena," Ambrose withdrew his gaze and smiled at Athena. "What's got you all worked up?"

Athena composed herself, trying not to focus on Ambrose's wings and his glow. "I---"