Chapter Sixty-two: The End

"At the beginning there was nothing but love and stardust. My heart yearns to begin again" - Atticus

Chapter Sixty-two: The End

- Zeus Achilles -

Zeus groaned awake when his phone kept vibrating hanggang sa narinig nalang niyang malaglag ito sa night stand.

Kinapa niya ito sa lapag, still sleepy. He can't see anything due to the dark. Hindi niya alam kung sino ang pwedeng tumawag ng ganitong oras since everyone must be asleep by now because it's three in the freakin morning.

This is the first day he wasn't with Seige since break started.

Seige told him she had something important to do so he gave her space even though he felt anxious about it. A lot can happen over the time they're not together.

He thinks he's having separation anxiety. And he's been paranoid most of the day.

Siguro ganon naman talaga due to his past relationship? Hindi talaga niya maaalis ang worry at kaba whenever she's away.

Distance will always be his worst enemy.

Zeus had to blink twice before making sure he read the caller ID right.

Seige.

"I'm sorry for waking you up..." her soft voice trailed.

Zeus flopped down on his bed again with a sleepy smile. "It's okay, baby."

Just hearing her voice sent his whole body on haywire. She could wake him up at any time of the day and he won't complain.

Zeus yawned before speaking again. "Something wrong?"

Tanging ang pag hinga lang ni Seige ang narinig niya sa kabilang linya.

"Seige? Are you okay?"

He heard her let out a deep breath. "I need you to come to the west border"

"Now?" Zeus sat up, turning anxious again.

"Yes. Now."

"Okay," he said even though he felt confused. "Where are you?"

"I'll meet you there"

"I'll be there in twenty"

After the call, Zeus scrambled to get himself ready. Sa pagkaka alam niya naman they're okay when they parted ways yesterday. And they've been smooth crusin' since break.

Ano kayang meron?

She's not running away from him again, isn't she?

Zeus tried to keep his mind off the negative thoughts but the sound of her voice gutted him. He knew there's something wrong.

He carefully walked out of his room, keys in hand. Nakarating siya sa hagdan with everything going cool until he heard footsteps coming from the sitting room.

Zeus peered through the dark until he saw a silhouette approaching the stairs.

"Aiane?"

"Kuya?!"

Athena stumbled back in shock. Napa kapit pa ito sa handrail ng hagdan. "Bakit gising ka pa?"

"Dapat tulog ka na" Zeus said instead of answering her.

Aiane went home by midnight after he dropped her off in town square earlier. All she told him is she's going to be with Aria for the rest of the day kaya iniwan niya nalang ito. It's not like she's going to get lost in Hangrove.