Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning

Chapter Sixty-one: The beginning

- Enzo Alexander -

Enzo hurried to Town Square after dropping his twin off at home after a long day.

His day isn't done. It's just starting.

When the break started, their plan pushed through and today is judgement day. The angels did their part. Somehow they made Aria's family stay here in Hangrove which made everything easier.

Now Enzo and Aiane needs do their part.

He had to find her first.

Enzo parked near the diner pero wala si Aiane sa loob.

The Nephilims acted as if they never saw him ngunit ang mga mata ng mga ito ay naka tingin sa iisang direksyon.

Enzo heads to the more artsy part of the square which happens to be Aiane's favorite street.

He found her inside an antique shop talking to a guy who's probably the same age as him pero hindi ito familiar kaya sigurado siyang hindi ito taga SA.

Enzo clicked his tongue to stop himself from breaking the door. Instead he took a deep breath and lightly taps the glass door.

Aiane's and the guy's attention immediately turns to him. Enzo taps his watch telling her they need to get going.

Aiane's out a few seconds later grinning at him.

"Hi!"

"What are you up to?" Enzo asked suspiciously because of how cheerful she is. Nung mga nakaraang araw kasi Aiane's living in worry dahil sa gagawin nila. Anong meron ngayon?

"What? I can't talk to people now?" Aiane countered.

Enzo drapes his arms over her shoulder and leads her away because the guy she was talking to was looking at them through the glass.

"Tinitignan ka niya," Enzo said when they're finally at a safe distance.

"Ikaw ang tinitignan niya"

"Hindi kaya"

"Oo kaya. Siguro because you look mean"

Enzo resisted to roll his eyes. Not the first time someone told him that today.

"If you really wanna know, I went to the shop looking for a summer job"

"It's holiday break"

"I know. Syempre I'm young and a Sinclaire, kailangan ko ng convincing powers kaya I went there early para pag dating ng summer set na ako. The grandson of the owner happens to be manning the counter kaya siya na ang kinausap. Happy ka na? Let's go to Aria then!"

Napailing nalang si Enzo when Aiane took the lead. He wanted to argue na hindi dapat ito mag summer job pero minsan talaga walang makakapigil sa gusto nito.

They paid Gray Smith's old house a visit. It's where Aria and her family are currently staying. All they need to do is to take her away and safely escort her to Mermont. The rest will be taken care of by Amarande who is on standy nearby.

They have idea how long her transition is going to but with the stories Aiane told him mukhang mahirap ito.

Enzo patrolled the whole area first like he was told to do. When the coast is clear pinalabas na niya si Aiane at nilakad na nila ang distansya ng pupuntahan nila.

Before they enter the property Enzo noticed how nervous Aiane's acting.

"Stop fidgeting or else she's going to notice something's up," he told her.