Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen

Hey dudes. Yeah I know, what took me so long to update? School. Even when I have free time I couldn't bring myself to write. But I felt so bad na two months na pala akong walang update kaya I decided to post the only pov I finished for this chap. Flame and Zeus' pov will be on the next one okay? I can't write it pa. I hope this is enough :)

For teasers and info about the third book please join the Sinclaire Academy facebook group. The link is on my profile! Just scroll through the wall to read my posts! xx

Chapter Fifty-nine: Chosen

- Athena Adrianne -

    "You're not suppose to be here," someone breathe down Aiane's neck making her shiver. Despite of the loud music and blinding neon strobe lights going around the room, she heard him loud and clear.

"It's the last hurrah. Kuya Ash let me come," Aiane whispered back. "Just for tonight."

It was their last day before holiday break. Asher Woodsen was the one who threw the last hurrah before parting ways. Everyone student who were stressed before and after exams and practicals were present. Aiane was sure only a handful of students ditched. Only a few could turn down an Asher Woodsen party.

The theme this year is Neon punk. Everyone was excited about it but not Aiane. She just threw in the only neon she owned and paired it with sneakers. She can't channel her inner punk (If there even is any) so she left it at that. No one seemed to mind but she caught some surprised stares when she entered.

Aiane knew why.

Hindi naman sa hindi siya pwede sa mga social night. Ayaw lang talaga ng Kuya niyang na e-expose siya sa mga ganito. Zeus reasoned, "You're the only girl. You need to be protected." And no one wanted to go against him. Kaya napansin rin niya ang uncomfortable stares and gasps dahil akala siguro ng mga ito she went here on her own free will just to piss off her brother.

Nag paalam pa kaya siya para maka attend lang sa party na ito. This is the second party she's allowed to join apart from Welcome night.

Zeus didn't want her to attend because the school allowed alcohol at these kind of parties which went well with Asher so there were coolers and kegs everywhere. Yep, there were some people making out in the corner. Grinding bodies on the dance floor. Slutty outfits that the school wouldn't approve of. There were a couple of shirtless guys too (Surely seniors) that were manning the kegs.

Aiane grimaced at the sight of it all. She's not that innocent but she can't see herself doing those kind of stuff. Zeus had nothing to worry about. She won't be affected by peer pressure.

"Zeus agreed?" Enzo leaned in more, she felt his breath on her ear now.

His hand snaked around her waist and pulled her closer.

"He doesn't know I'm here." Aiane admitted. Hindi siya nag paalam sa Kuya niya dahil bago pa man niya simulan mag salita tungkol sa party he will flatly say "No". Zeus took her home today after class, bumalik lang siya just to attend.

"And why did you go against his decision?" Enzo drawled the question so slowly it made Aiane tense.

What's he on about? Doesn't he want her here? She came because of him. She was hoping they get to spend some time together and talk about their task even if they already discussed it over one afternoon. She doesn't mind talking about it all over again.

Was she being needy? Dahil isang hapon lang sila nagkausap ni Enzo this whole week? Kahit sa lunch kasi silent treatment silang lahat sa isa't isa (except for Zeus who had other agendas) pagkatapos kumain they'd rush to the library or somewhere peaceful to catch up with their reviewers and field trainings.