Chapter 8

Kuri gets up and looks at her clock, "It's twelve o'clock. You two ready to go?"
Mangey nods as she slips on her normal shirt.
Onami nods, sitting up as well.
The angel jumps out of bed and switches into her usual clothes quickly, "Kid's been so clingy the past few days. We haven't been able to go on this trip because it's supposed to be a surprise so we'll have to go at night. It's going to be a long trip so we'll have to try our best."
Mangey smiles, "This'll be fun!"
"Yippee..." Onami murmurs, still not out of her slump.
Kuri smiles and heads downstairs, "Swords please. Let's get this show on the road."
Onami follows. "I see no road for such a show to be on."
"It means let's get moving." Kuri opens her hands as the weapons become swords in them and she flaps into the air after stepping out the front door and closing it. She flies through the night air and out of Death City.

The next morning Kid and his weapons knock on the door of Kuri's home. After a few moments, the wooden door opens and Barbara looks at him, "Oh hello, Kid. Here at the crack of dawn like usual. Sorry to say but Kuri appears to have run off on one of those little missions. She's been talking for a while about it."
The reaper's eyes widen, "What?! Where has she gone?" He asks urgently.
"I'm sorry but she wouldn't even tell me. It's supposed to be a secret." The grandmother says, "Good luck finding her but I'm sure she's safe."

The angel in question flies over a forest, flapping towards a waterfall, "The cave should be right behind the falls. We have to fly into it at top speeds or the water will crush us."
"What if you're wrong?" Mangey asks nervously.
"Then I suppose we go splat."
"At least Runa wouldn't bother me anymore." Onami groans.
"We'll be fine. While you're in weapon form you can't be hurt anyways." The angel flaps her wings faster and narrows her eyes as she reaches the water and she grits her teeth. The water slaps on her back hard pushing her down as she darts through and lands on a cave floor, "H-huh? Hey! We made it through! Haha! I was right!"
Mangey grins, "Whoop whoop!"
Onami gives off a weak smile at their happiness.
"You gotta cheer up, hon. I miss your cheer." Kuri says standing up as she begins her walk.
Onami looks down. "How can I be when Runa could try to take over at any moment? Not only that, but Kid thinks I'll hurt you if I'm not watched."
"He's probably just paranoid after hearing Runa's plan. He wouldn't hold anything against you and you know it." The angel says walking down the tunnel lit by ominous torches.
"I wonder who or what put up these torches..." Mangey says eying them inside of her blade.
"Someone wanting to roast s'mores?" Onami says monotonously.
"Heh. Good one, girly." Kuri says walking further into the cave.

Kid stands in the Death Room in front of his father with a grimly serious look painting his face.
"So she's disappeared? I wonder what she was going after. It must be important." Lord Death says scratching his head, "You've been around her all the time for the past three days right?" He asks and his son nods, "Hmm. Maybe you should ask people she was in contact with before you started the surveillance? Wasn't she at the library before then? Maybe you should start there?"
Kid looks at the floor in thought, "Yes... You're right. I'll start there and if I can't find any clues I'll ask Stein if he knows anything." He looks back up at his father, "Thank you, father. You may be silly at times but I don't think I've said how helpful and wonderful you are to me."
Shinigami Sama clasps his large hands together in joy, "That's the nicest thing you've said to me in years! Thank you so much."
The young male smiles, "Heh. I guess Kuri and her weapon's friendliness is rubbing off on me." He says turning away and starting on his walk out, "I'll be on my way now. I'll report back to you if I find anything."

Kuri dashes out of the way of a giant beetle with red patterns on the wings as it flies and hovers before her. She dodges again as it shoots a dart needle from its bug mouth, "What the hell is this thing?!"
Mangey examines it closely, "It looks like a June beetle. A poisonous, giant, June beetle. That natural armor doesn't look very easy to cut through either."
Runa laughs in Onami's blade.
"I could help, you know. I know a way to kill it." Runa snickers.
"No." Onami shouts.
Kuri looks to see its underside is a soft black texture, "I see a weak spot!" She darts under it slashes upwards slicing it's underside open which drips a green slime as she darts away. The tire-sized bug's wings stop and it falls into its own guts with a splat, "Eww..." Kuri shudders and pokes the insect with her sword tip before Mangey cuts in snapping her out of her disgust.
"Come on! We have to go now!"
"Oh right." The angel starts off through the tunnel opposite the way she came.
"Damn it." Runa murmurs.