Chapter 9 2/3

Part 2
The angel nods and puts the crab in what remains of the castle, "Stay here little guy. We'll be right back I promise." She gets up and flaps into the air as Kid takes Beelzebub and takes off, flying over the water.
Runa overhears their conversation though her heightened hearing and quickly dives down into the water before she is spotted.
Kid flies above and sees no one panicking or running from the water. Kuri sees the same and flies back to him, "You don't think she drowned or anything right."
The reaper looks down at the water, "I can use my soul perception and see if I can't see her soul."
//SGW: this is a recent edit and although I haven't finished I'm reading the manga. It says Kid does have Soul perception which isn't surprising since he's technically a god, so no it's not just Maka who has that.//
He looks down at the water and concentrates. The male sees two souls in one body and puts the board away, diving into the water. He swims around until he grabs Runa and swims to shore, holding her bridal style, "You alright? You were under the water. You know how to swim don't you?" He asks with a glint of concern in his golden orbs.
Kuri lands next to him and inspects the werewolf, "She looks alright."
Runa blinks surprised, and very confused, "I thought you, of all people,would have wanted me to drown." She says to Kid as she is set down.
Kid shakes his head, "One, our morals make that a horrid idea, and two, you and Onami share that body. We wouldn't just be losing you."
The angel next to him sighs, "What we mean is, we'd never want you dead. You're better than that."
Runa does not know how to respond to that, and neither does Onami. Runa shrugs off the odd feeling and asks. "Do you know a place that has strawberry sunrises?"
Mangey walks over, "There should be a small town with a brewery and restaurant not far from here. It's called Auburn. Wanna go there?"
Kuri walks to the sand castle and picks up the crab, "But what about the crab? I don't wanna make him wait."
Liz tilts her head, "Can't that pegasus charm thingy do something?"
"Oh yeah you're right. But it can only restore things to their old forms. That and it opens my portal to and from Angel's Domain."
Patty tilts her head, "But you guys said there was something weird about that crab. Why not try it?"
Kuri looks down at the golden charm, "Alright..." She puts the crab down in the sand and pulls the pegasus charm off of her necklace, setting it down next to the crustacean. The crab eyes the charm and pinches at it before it springs to life and flaps into the air. The tiny pegasus neighs and flaps around the crab a couple of times and the small creature glows orange and starts to grow, changing shape and form. It grows and turns into a small four year old boy with curly and fluffy red hair. He stands in his crab pose before straightening up and looking around.
The pegasus charms flies back to the necklace and settles back onto it as the small boy looks at Kuri and smiles, "M-mama!!" He yells running to the angel and hugging her leg. The boy nuzzles into her thigh and tears up as Kuri kneels to him where he reaches up and gives her a full hug.
"M-mama?" She asks hugging him back, "Hang on slow down I don't understand."
The red haired boy sniffles and smiles at her, "I've been a crab for so long! You've finally fixed me and you're the first one who's ever cared so I'm gonna call you my mama! I'm Kani!!" The small male looks at Kid, memories of the male flashing through his mind and he runs to him, hugging his leg as well, "I'm gonna call you papa!"
"What?" The reaper asks puzzled, "B-but I-I-I can't! I'm not even sixteen in shinigami years how am I supposed to do this?!" He says, confusion at the current event turning into a slight panic.
Kuri tilts her head, "Uh.."
Liz thinks for a second, "Oh I see it. Kuri was the first one to find Kani so he, by nature or whatever thinks of her as his mother. And the father is always the second one the child sees in a family."
Kuri's feathers fluff, "But we're not a family! I'm hardly seventeen! I haven't dated anyone in the history of ever!!"
Kani walks back over to the angel and hugs around her neck, "Please don't abandon me like everyone else I meet at the beach!" He wails burying his face in her shoulder.
Runa walks over and looks at the boy. She tilts her head, as a memory flashes through her head of her when she was younger.