Chapter 17

Birds chirp as dawns tight pushes everyone from slumber. Or rather Black☆Star gets everyone up as he stands in the hallway with a finger pointed, "YAHOOO!!! GET UP AND AT EM WE GOT A BIG SHOW TODAY!!! GET UP AND MARVEL AT THE GREAT BLACK☆STAR!!!"
Kani runs out in the hall in his orange footie pajamas with a look of defiance, "MAMA SAYS THAT'S NOT HOW YOU WAKE PEOPLE UP!!"
Black☆Star tilts his head, "What does a little kid like you know about a guy as big as me? You hardly know anything as it is!"
Kani gains a hurt look at the statement, "I..... M-mama!! Papa he's being mean!"
Two doors opposite each other open as Kuri and Kid poke their heads out and glare at the Black☆Star with dark looks as if he had just killed their best friend.
The male freezes under the icy stares and spins around, "I.... Guess I shouldn't expect any of you to understand so I guess I'll just let you all take some time to get up for the show.." He says walking slowly down the hall until his pace quickens and turns into a run when he turns the corner.
Kani turns to Kuri and runs into the room to hug her as the doors shut.
Soul lays in his own guest bedroom. He sighs, "I guess even after twelve years that idiot still hasn't matured. Oh well it's Black☆Star. What are we supposed to do?"

After half an hour everyone gets up and gets dressed, Kuri getting dressed in her regular blue dress. The whole family and guest party gather down in the garden due to Hermes' instructions and stand out to wait, Kuri standing in the gazebo. They all stand aside, making a walkway towards the gazebo as Angel Master Amber stands at the side of it.
"Now presenting future Duke Pawa" Hermes says with a sigh as if he didn't want this to happen.
A bubble forms in front of the mansion in the walkway to the gazebo as a figure forms in it. A tall male with stocky features, large wings and black short hair. He smiles as the bubble pops and walks down in between all of the others towards the gazebo, stepping up to Kuri and wrapping an arm around her, "Hello there..." He says smiling before turning back to the crowd, "Hmm... So this is all the people that could come?"
The others tilt their heads, "This guy expecting a larger crowd or something?" Soul asks with slight disbelief.
Black☆Star huffs, "How dare he?! As if the presence of the great Black☆Star isn't enough for him! Bastard..."
Pawa smiles, "Anyways, I'd like to thank you for coming to see me become Duke of Angel's Domain."
Randal's jaw drops, "He's hardly acknowledging my cousin! Who does this guy think he is?!"
Pawa grins and turns to Kuri, leaning in to kiss her but her face twists with disgust and distaste.
Kid meows darkly and steps out into the middle of the walkway, "Let her be!" He points a finger, "I challenge you to a battle over the spot of Duke!" He says tail lashing as his ears pin back.
Pawa lets go of Kuri and glares at the reaper, "Hmm.... Alright."
Kuri runs over to Kid and speaks in a low tone, "What the hell are you doing?!"
Kid leans over with a serious look and whispers only so she can hear in her ear, "I'd rather pretend to be your husband for eternity than let you be miserable with a stranger you hate." He walks past her and glares at Pawa, "So where do we fight?"
Pawa grins, "We can't destroy the garden so an aerial battle would be the only way but you can't fly so I guess whatever you're trying to do isn't gonna work.
Kid smiles, "That's what you think." He extends a hand, "Beelzebub!" He calls as his skateboard is summoned and he steps onto it. The wheels turn horizontally and the jets push the board into a hover.
Pawa frowns, "Fine..." He opens his wings and flaps into the air high up. Kid follows him and glares when they stop at an agreeable height. Pawa grins and flaps forward with a straightforward punch but Kid raises an arm, pushing the fist away and raising a leg to kick the male in the jaw. The angel backs up and growls. He flies towards a cloud and circles it before flying back over pulling it along before covering the fight area to make everything foggy. Kid looks around and feels a blast hit him in the stomach, making him stagger but still leave him able to stand on the board.
'This isn't very fair!' The reaper thinks but realizes something. He closes his eyes and swivels his cat ears around, listening to the sounds around him. He hears the flapping of wings grow closer and directs the ears to point in their direction. Kid waits until they sound close enough before bringing his board up as if in a jump, pushes the bottom of it to meet a fist before spinning the board to rub burn Pawa's hand.
The angel male backs up, "Agh!! Damn!"
The reaper bares his teeth, "There you are!" He blasts forward on his board, raising a fist to uppercut him before kneeing him in the stomach.
Paws falls back before recollecting himself and flying around Kid, "How dare you. A simple commoner do this to me?!"
"Wow. You're not the sharpest there is are you? You have any idea who I am or have you been living under a rock?!" Kid scoffs, "If you didn't notice, I'm the grim reaper's son, Death the Kid!"
Pawa growls, "Then he's going to need a new offspring because I'm not going to let you walk away." The angel says speeding at him.
Kid freezes, 'There's a change in the sound of his movement through the air. Something's different. It sounds almost like a blade cutting air but... Wait this guy didn't have a weapon on him!' He thinks and his eyes widen as he feels a sharp object pierce his chest, 'He's a... Weapon?!' He questions in his mind, shocked. A few more punctures through the chest bring Kid to cough up blood and become dizzy until he falls off his board limply and finds himself falling through the air.
A pair of strong arms catch him as the deep voice of Hermes sounds to him, "What were you thinking? Challenging a future Duke is a very foolish thing to do without a weapon. Pawa used to be a sword when he was alive. Those abilities followed him into the afterlife."
The Duke lands setting Kid down as the reaper coughs again. A softer voice strung with concern rises as more nimble and gentle hands lift him into the owner's lap. Kid opens his eyes to see Kuri holding him gently, tears welling in her eyes as she hugs him, "K-Kid! Don't die! I don't know if reapers can get into Angel's Domain so please don't die!"
Pawa lands and chuckles, "Heh. Don't hug him, you'll get blood all over your dress. Besides, it takes much more than that to kill a reaper." The angel male walks over with a sword blade for an arm, "Since he challenged me I have no choice but to end this."
Kuri snarls at him and flaps her wings, sending a gust of air that knocks Pawa back, "DON'T YOU TOUCH HIM!" She yells angrily before gaining a softer look as she hugs the reaper closer, "Don't ever do that again, you hear me?"
Kid only manages to cough a response before his eyes roll back and close as he passes out.
Black☆Star and Soul growl, "Kid!!" They grit their teeth and tighten their fists staring at Pawa, "Who the hell do you think you are?!" Soul yells angrily.
Black☆Star stomps forward, "You bastard how could you do that to our friend?!"
Maka and Tsubaki grab them by the arms and pull them back, "We get that he had no right using his weapon abilities in a fist fight but that doesn't mean you can go challenging him after he just nearly killed Kid!" Maka says glaring at the future Duke.
Tsubaki sighs sadly, "Let's just hope Madeline's plan works."
Madeline thinks the same thing as she somewhat cringing after the battle is over, but then prepares to activate her plan.
Margret runs over to Kuri and eyes Kid, "C'mon. Let's get him cleaned up and put in bed. I'll see if I have any potions that'll help."
Kuri nods and slips her right hand under Kid's legs, holding his upper half in her left hand to carry him in a bridal style as Margret follows her.
Pawa watches them pass and glares at the reaper but grows a smug look.
Randal sneaks up behind the future Duke with a pie and slams it into the back of his head before retreating into the group. Everyone sees this and their tone lightens as they chuckle.
Randal sticks his tongue out and grins, "That was a fun pie."
Pawa growls darkly and everyone's chuckling cuts off as they start inching towards the mansion.
Madeline, however, continues to smile. 'Watch your back. Activating Derp Mode.' she thinks to herself, following the group. She makes her way to Onami and nudges her. "Onami, hey, I got an idea." she whispers. "Just follow my lead once we get into the mansion."
Onami looks curious, but nods, smiling.
Randal tiptoes into the mansion with everyone as Pawa clutches at the air and yells loudly in rage before turning to kick a tree which obviously hurts him and he hops on one foot, hugging the other with his hands.
Madeline sees and chuckles before she takes Onami into the kitchen. Madeline goes to the fridge and takes out a can of whipped cream.
"What's that for?" Onami asks.
"We're gonna act like we're rabid. We'll have everyone go along with it and try to scare him off. If that doesn't work, I got other plans." Madeline grins.
Randal smiles, "Can I play along too?!" He asks poking his head in.
Onami and Madeline turn and jump a bit.
Madeline relaxes and smiles. "How're you gonna do that?" she asks.
"You two could be in wolf form on leashes and I'll pretend the leash slips from my hand."
Onami and Madeline look at each other and grin, then turn back to Randal. "That's a great idea." Madeline smiles happily.
The angel boy claps, "I have some collars and leashes in the storage room!" He says starting on his way out to get them.
Madeline laughs and hides the can in her pocket. Onami looks back at her. "Oh, I was meaning to ask. Where'd you get that crystal necklace thing?" she points to the sanity crystal that is around her neck that is resting below her scarf.
Madeline looks down at it. "Oh. Randal gave it to me. It's to keep my soul wavelengths stable." Madeline smiles softly at it. Onami stares on and giggles.
"Make sure Mangey doesn't hear that." she derps.
Madeline looks up. "Why?" she asks.
Onami chuckles. "Oh, no reason."
Mangey calls from the other room, "I don't draw child porn, man, that's just gross and illegal!"
Onami glares in that direction. "You know what?! Come here!" Onami starts running towards Mangey.
Mangey jumps, "Shhiiiiiizzzzzzz!!!!" She runs away quickly, becoming a cheetah.
Onami shouts after her. "YOU BETTER RUN!"
Randal comes back with the collars and leashes, "Reeeeaaaadyyyyy?"
Madeline looks over at him and smiles. "Yeah. Let's get Onami." Madeline says, trying to take her mind off of what Mangey said.
Randal runs over to Onami, "I gots da collars!!"
Onami looks at him. "Oh! Hehehe. Alright, les do dis."
Madeline runs over to them. "Alright, Pawa won't know what hit 'im."
Randal watches them transform into wolves and he puts the collars on them loosely, "Ready?"
Madeline nods. "Yeah. We just need to whipped cream." she wags her tail.
The boy pulls the whipped cream, "Open up please!"
Onami and Madeline both open their jaws and Randal sprays the whipped cream into their mouths, "You guys look great. Let's get moving."
Madeline and Onami nod and Randal takes the least and start walking.
The boy says in a low voice, "C'mon guys you have to act crazy! Pull forward on the leash! Bark, snarl, snap at the air!"
Onami and Madeline look at each other. "Okay... You asked for it." They both make their fur bristle and start pulling hard on the leash, growling at clawing at the air as they snap their jaws, catching the angel boy off guard.
Randal stumbles along behind them with wide eyes, "Way to sell it!" He walks them out the open door toward Pawa who turns and looks. The future Duke eyes them and flaps into the air, landing on a balcony of the mansion, "Take care of those mutts boy. Don't bring them back in until they know how to behave." He snaps before going inside.
Randal growls, "She ain't a mutt, she's beautiful! Jerk."
Madeline continues to growl before she hears this. She ceases her acting and looks at him, blushing slightly. Her ears are flat against her head timidly, and her fur bristles more, this time in surprise. Onami sees this and smiles softly.
Randal shakes a fist, "First you ruin my cousin's life and now you insult the most amazing person I've ever met?! YOU SHALL PAY!!!" He flails his arms ominously.
Madeline blushes more, her tail going between her legs instinctively. Onami pats her on the head with her paw. "Iz a compliment."
Madeline nods. "I know." She smiles sheepishly. She looks up at Randal and smiles softly.
"We can tear him limb from limb if you want." she jokes, still blushing.
Randal frowns, "Hmm.... Nah. He can't be killed." But we can prank him!
Madeline nods. "Then let's." Madeline's ears perk back up and her tail goes back to its normal position.
Randal runs inside, "Let's get that whipped cream cleaned up!"
Madeline and Onami follow him happily. Madeline thinks over all that he said and smiles brightly, thinking this could not get any better.
The boy runs into the kitchen and grabs a towel, "You guys able to turn human or would that make you naked or something?"
Onami shakes her head. "Nope. I've trained myself to turn so that my clothes would stay intact. I could change in a way that my clothes rip, but that's only if I am in too much of a hurry, grape child. I've been teaching Madeline the same concept, though so far she has not gotten the hang of it, so she might be naked." Onami explains. Madeline's ears flatten.
Randal nods, "Why don't you head up to your room and make sure before coming down."
Madeline nods and quickly dashes upstairs. A few minutes later she comes back down with only her rainbow shirt, scarf, and jeans on. "My coat tore a little. But the rose is fine." Madeline smiles.
Randal smiles, "It's a crystal, dear."
Madeline raises an eyebrow. "Dear?" she tilts her head.
Onami turns back into her human form and pats Randal's face. "I think she just likes saying it's a rose."
Randal derps, "Okie!" He grins, "So what's the first prank gonna be?"
Madeline thinks, then comes up with idea. "Sabotage."
"What are we sabotaging?" The angel asks rubbing his hands together.
"Well, like in all weddings, there's usually a time when the groom has to get ready. We gotta make it so it looks like he intentionally chose the worse thing to wear at a wedding. Basically we shame him so much that everyone will see he can't take any of this responsibly, much less with the responsibility of an entire domain." Madeline smiles. "Of course we'll need everyone in on this so we have time. What do you think?
The angel boy claps, "You are so smart!! Sounds wonderful!"
Mangey pokes her head in, "I'm in!"
Madeline grins. "Alright. Where's this bag of monkey turds getting ready?"
Randal thinks aloud, "Hmm... Well he's got his own room to get ready in."
Madeline smiles. "Alright. Let's get moving. We gotta move fast."
Mangey dashes off, "Imma go tell the others!"
Randal fist pumps, "Yus!!"
Madeline smiles then looks at Randal. "You're a really nice guy, you know that?"
"Am I? That's sweet of you to say. C'mon let's get moving!" He takes off, pulling her by the hand.
Madeline is pulled along and laughs. Onami derps and runs after them. They run upstairs, "Okay so." Randal says, standing next to Pawa's door. He reaches in and pulls out a suit, "This is the suit. What should we do to it?"
"Well, I just need some scissors and thread. I also need a thin bag of water, black felt, and if you can manage to do so, two of Margret's potions. That's where Mangey and the others come in. They need to act as distractions and to keep the others away while a few of you guys sneak in and steal a few. It doesn't matter what they do, but I need one that turns him into something. Something gruesome. The other two you can choose. I'll stay in here and make sure no one comes in while you guys search. I'll probably make the room a disaster so they can blame that on him too." Madeline smiles.
Randal salutes, "Gotcha!!"
Liz overhears and smiles, "I'll go find Margret!" She dashes off, "I feel like a child but this is so much fun!"
Madeline snickers. "This is the most fun I've had in a while." she grins. Onami smiles too.
"And you know, if that doesn't work, we could always build and underwater rocket ship to send Kuri into space so she can become the alien angel mermaid goddess and just throw Pawa into a soup bowl and feed him to the narwhals." she derps.
Madeline blinks. "Yes. Now let's get started."
Onami smiles. "Okie!" she runs off to find the scissors and thread.
Randal runs off to find everything else.
Pawa walks down the hallway on his way back to his room, having cleaned himself up. Black☆Star jumps out in front of him, "I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR A SHOW FROM THE GREAT BLACK☆STAR!!"
"Eh?" The angel tilts his head.
Tsubaki slides up next to the blue haired male. She stands juggling oranges nervously as a distraction.
Onami runs back with the needle and thread and hands it to Madeline. Madeline smiles and takes the tools before taking apart the suit and cutting into it.
"We need to make this discriminating. I'm going to make it so there's a crude message into this that is bound to horrify Angel Master Amber and Duke Hermes. What should it be?" Madeline asks.
Onami thinks. "I got it." she leans over and whispers the phrase. Madeline grins evilly.
"Perfect."
Randal rushes back with the other supplies, "I got the other stuff!"
"Great!" Madeline smiles. She takes the supplies. She cuts a hole in the crotch of the pants and carefully sows the bag of water on, with which she covers up by sowing the fabric back on. The water leaks somewhat, so she hurriedly asks for tape. Once she has it, she patches up the hole and the leakage stops. "This'll be strong enough to endure walking. If he happens to run, kneel down, or even move his legs too fast, it'll burst and make it seem like he peed. I'm not sure if angels still pee though, and frankly, I don't wanna know. Now, do you have the potions or is someone else finding those?" Madeline asks him.
Liz dashes around the corner as if on cue holding two potions, "Margret agreed!"
Madeline smiles. "Great! She is officially on my awesome list, just like you guys." she takes the potions. She looks at them carefully. "Okie, which one is the horrible transformation one?"
"The green one." Liz grins.
Madeline smiles. "Great." She sets the green one aside and looks at the other. She opens it and then pours it all over the suit, being sure not to get any on herself or anyone else. "So what does this one do? Hopefully something embarrassing." Madeline smirks.
Liz taps her chin, "Margret said it makes your skin heat up so you sweat like crazy."
Madeline nods. "Awesome." The bottle is used up and she sets it off to the side. She takes the green one. "I'm gonna use this on his drink, just after his suit falls apart." Madeline smiles. She has sown the suit back together but in a certain way so that it spells out something and that it would fall apart at a certain point. Madeline smiles at her work and uses the blanket on the bed to pick up the suit and fold it back to the way it was so it appears to be unaltered. Madeline smirks. "Alright, anyone know his style of hand writing?" she asks.
Randal tilts his head, "Hmm.... Nope. But I know that he's written a few letters. They should be in his room."
Madeline nods and searches for them. "Think he'll have a wedding vow in here? Doubt it."
Randal check under the bed, "There's a suitcase. There's some papers in here."
Madeline looks under the bed and pulls out the suitcase. She smiles.
"Oh, Onami, check to see how the others are doing. Make sure no one comes in here." Onami derps and scurries out the room.
The others are still distracting the now annoyed Pawa until Patty walks over with a pocket watch. The blonde opens it and sways it side to side, somehow catching the male's full attention and putting him in sort of a trance.
Onami watches the pocket watch and is put in a trance as well. Madeline opens the suitcase and looks at the letters.
Randal looks through them, "Hmm... They all look the same."
Madeline reads them. "Yeah. But now we know what his hand writing, we can use that to our advantage." She puts one note in her pocket for reference.
The boy closes the suit case and puts it back under the bed, "What do you need it for?"
"Well, in case these tactics fail, we're going to create a fake vow letter. So if he reads it, he'll be reading the one we made. That is, if he even had a vow planned. He probably wouldn't even give Kuri a decent wedding vow anyway." Madeline scowls.
Randal growls, "I hate that guy..."
"So do I. We can't let a jerk like him be in charge." Madeline growls animalistically. "I always thought all angels would be as nice and sweet as you, but I guess I was mistaken."
Randal sighs, "Trust me I wish it were that way."
Madeline looks at him sadly then grows determined. "We'll get him away from Kuri. I promise." Madeline smiles and puts a hand on his shoulder.
Mangey pokes her head into the room, "You guys done yet? Patty's arm is getting tired."
Madeline snaps her head over and blushes. "Oh, yeah, yeah..." She clears her throat.
Randal smiles, "This is gonna be awesome."
"Indeed. He shall pay for calling me a mutt!" Madeline declares.
The boy smiles at her, "You're really cute when you're pumped up."
Madeline smiles bashfully. "Heheheh... Oh, stop it you." she stands up.
"So what are you gonna do now?"
"Well, I was gonna do the vow note, but I think we're good on where we are. We just need to wait until the wedding starts before my evil plan unfolds. Hahaha! Then when he's sweating because of that potion, I'll offer him a 'drink' in which will have the green potion slipped into it." Madeline says.
The angel boy claps, "I feel like this is naughty business but it can't be if we're helping my cousin!"
"We are doing this for the better good of everyone and every angel that is and will come to be." Madeline smiles as she begins walking out of the room with Randal.
He looks down the hall to see Patty still swinging the pocket watch rhythmically.
Onami is also watching the pocket watch. Madeline giggles and the two approaches them.
Patty puts the watch away and Pawa snaps out of his trance, "Hey! Get lost!" He snaps at them and pushes through the group.
Soul growls, watching him pass, "First he makes Kid miserable, then he beats him up and now he's acting like a douche."
Black☆Star crosses his arms, "How dare he do that to the great Black☆Star...."
Madeline growls at him. Onami snaps out of her trance and looks around. "Is this the future?"
Mangey chuckles, "Nah. This is today. Hey anyone wanna check on Kid?"
Maka, Soul, Black☆Star and Tsubaki all raise their hands.
"Okay I think it's this way." The shapeshifter says turning and walking down the hall.
Madeline follows the group, keeping the unused potion with her.
They all peek in to see Kuri sitting on the side of Kid's bed while the now clean reaper lays under the covers, still unconscious. The angel stares and the floor until movement from Kid directs her attention to him.
The male opens his eyes slightly and grits his teeth, "Nghh!" He writhes in stinging pain.
Kuri picks up a glass of orange potion from the night stand and stands up, leaning over him, "Well you're not healed yet. We couldn't exactly give you the potion while you were sleeping. What if you choked on it?" She puts the straw to his lips, "Here. Drink it please. It'll take away the pain and help to heal you."
Kid looks at her and looks at the straw before sucking up the liquid quickly. After a few moments his breathing becomes less rigid and he finally sits up, the covers sliding down to show bandages wrapped around his chest.
Kuri sits back down on the bed side and looks at him softly but with a hurt look, "Don't ever do that again, do you hear me?"
"I was trying to save you."
"All you did was scare me half to death, almost get yourself killed and humiliate yourself." The angel twists to face him and she slips her hands behind his neck to hug him gently, "I don't want you to put yourself in that situation ever again. Do you hear me?" She asks but hears silence, "I said do you hear me?!" She raises her voice sharply.
The reaper sighs and slides a hand around her waist to her back with a soft hug back, "Fine... But I'll be there at that wedding and the whole day through. I'll do what I can to make you happy during the hours you have of freedom."
Mangey smiles, "They're always like this. Isn't this the perfect sitcom?"
Soul nods, "They could definitely be on tv."
"Though they wouldn't look as good on the big screen as the great Black☆Star!" Black☆Star says smiling.
Kuri sighs and turns her head sharply, "We can hear you!"
Madeline laughs. "Don't worry guys. I'm sure tomorrow will turn out wonderfully wonderful." Madeline smiles a bit too happily.
Kuri looks at the clock, "It's about four o'clock. I should probably go get my dress and shoes out for tomorrow."
Onami smiles softly. "Do you need a hug?"
Kuri looks up, "Yeah..." She stands and walks over opening her arms.
Onami walks over and hugs her and pets her head. "Don't worry, everything's going to be fine because Madeline's got a-" Onami suddenly closes her mouth and silently gasps. Madeline tenses up. 'Onami!' Madeline hisses in her head.
Kuri tilts her head, "Got a what?"
Onami quickly thinks. "She's got a... present! Yeah! She's gonna give you a present tomorrow to cheer you up!" she says. Madeline looks at Kuri, hoping she bought it.
The angel smiles, "Oh well that's awfully sweet. Thank you, Madeline."
Madeline smiles, happy that it worked. "Heheh. You're welcome Kuri. Heh." Madeline goes over to give a hug of her own.
Mangey joins her and Kani runs over hugging Kuri's thigh.
Madeline smiles, glad to she is about to make someone happy, and that is the most important thing to her.