Chapter 5

Uploaded 05/09/2015

My eyes kept flicking to my living room table where I place the letter that I still haven't read on the surface.

I quickly looked back to the chicken breasts that I was cutting up into squares, before I do myself some real damage.

I began to bite down hard on my lip to help me concentrate on this healthy, low calorie food I was preparing.

I tongued my lips in fierce concentration willingly myself to forget about the letter. I already knows what was in it thanks to the twins.

I put the chicken in the pan frying it and then adding the sweet and sour sauce. It was a low calorie sauce not as nice as the ones that you buy from the local Chinese but it helps keep the fat of.

I looked back to the table this time distracted as the door bell chimed. I turned off the cooker then made my way to the door.

I took my kiss the cook apron off to hang it on the hook by the door. I smother my hair down. Cooking in a hot kitchen always cause my brown hair to fizz.

I opened the door with a stunned look on my face.

"Hi." James smoothly said.

"Hi?" my brows scrunched together in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He gave me a lopsided grin pushing the door further open with his foot.

"How did you get up to my floor?" I looked around the foyer to see of someone let him in but there was noone.

"My P.A lives in this block." He explained. "I take it I'm not wanted."

I gave myself a mental shake. What the hell am I doing leaving the man of my dreams waiting on my doorstep.

"Sorry." I pressed my lips tightly together. "I don't get much visitors."

I stepped to the side so that he could enter through to my living room. My flat was pretty much open plan. Just one floor below the penthouse. I had a corner flat so I could see for miles around the city.

James let out a low whistle as he walked to my window to press his palms up against it. "You have some view here." He complimented. "Much better than my own apartment and I brought that for way over the market cost. How much was yours."

I rubbed my arms feeling uncomfortable with his questions. "The twins own the building I got this flat as part of the contract with them."

James smiled froze on his face. "Ahh..." He turned back to look through the window. "Just what is your relationship with the twins."

I quickly popped my head in the kitchen to make sure that the cookers were definetly off. "What do you want James." I crossed my arms over my chest. "You haven't contacted me since our date."

His perfectly trimmed eyebrows rose to the back of his head. "I have been ringing everyday and texting but you haven't responded."

I frowned at him walking over to my table picking up my iphone from the dock to show him my phone screen. "No missed calls."

James took his Samsung out from his black suit jacket. He swiped the screen to input my number then called. My profile picture from facebook covered the screen.

I looked down at my own phone to see that it wasn't ringing at all. The phone in james hand went straight through to voicemail but he couldn't leave a message.

"So, i thought to come down to find out why you have not wanted to talk to me." He explained putting the phone back in his pocket.

I shook my head in a daze. "I have no idea that you have been trying to contact me. I don't even know why i am not accepting your calls. I will call my service provider in the morning to try and get an answer."