Chapter 17

Uploaded on 09/11/2015

Edited on 01/01/18 

Louise pulled out a white sheet of paper waving it around in the air. "This place is mine!"

She approached me steadily. Pushing the paper in my face. "I have just signed the lease for this apartment."

I narrowed my eyes making out her signature before she whipped it away from me to place it up against the window pane straightening out the wrinkling paper. She then folded it away to place it back in her bag.

"I didn't know this apartment was up for lease." I looked out at the darkening sunset. "I was not aware that my leasehold was up." When I first moved into this flat was when it was first built. The twins automatically lived upstairs, they gave me this one as I was one of their first employees. To be fair I don't think I ever signed a contract.

"I hope you don't mind me living here." Louise looked at me pleadingly. "The rent is affordable for me in this area and plus it is a company flat. Most of the people that work for Sinclair incorporated lives here. They all seem to be a part of something that I am not."

I gave her a one arm hug pulling her to my side. "There is nothing special about living here. I lived here for years and barely notice anyone or anything happening."

Louise gave me a sceptical look. "That because of you in with the boss. No one would tell you what is happening."

"What do you mean?" I looked at her with curiosity in my gaze. "What is happening?"

She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the commotion happening at the front door. We both turned to look at Chardonnay and Tiffany trying to fit through the narrow door.

"Girl, you need to wait so I can get past you." Chard sniffed trying to push her shoulder forward to enter the room.

"And you girl," Tiff sneered. "Need to lose so weight." She elbowed Chardonnay in the stomach entering the room swiftly. "Mr Wickwicky..." Tiffany called striding through the room ignoring us by the window.

Chardonnay gave Tiffany a glare then smiled over at us. "Hey," She greeted giving us both hugs. "Am I late I am here to meet Mr Woodwicky."

Louise let out a laugh. "You guys just missed him." She took the paper out of her bag again. "You snooze you lose. I just signed the leasehold."

"What!" Tiffany's face looked red with outraged. "I told you I wanted this flat and you two bitches have to come up and try to outdo me all the time."

My mouth dropped open in shock at her words.

"That was uncalled for." Chardonnay folded her arms looking formidable. "You don't speak to your friends like that. Spitting your dummy out the pram when you do not get your way."

Tiffany held Chardonnay gaze then took a step towards her. "You do not understand what I have to go through to be where I am today."

"You live on this block!" Louise argued. "I live in the city in an area that some would describe as deprived." She pointed her finger at the three of us. "You all live here in cheap prices due to the company. Proper security. Hell, I even heard of all the social aspects of living here. You got a doctors surgery downstairs, a gym and also restaurants around the corner." She then faced Tiffany. "And you begrudge me for wanting to live here. You're upset because you could not upgrade you a premium apartment. I knew you were a snob. Just didn't know how much till now."

Chardonnay began to clap her hands at the end of Louise powerful emotional speech. "Here, here."

Tiffany looked at me for some support but I shook my head. In this, I was in agreement with Louise. "You owe her an apology."