Chapter 24

Uploaded on 08-12-2015 

Edited 01/01/18

"Why would Samantha be coming here?" I asked. "She could be just going to another town."

Marcus gave me a look that simply said don't be so stupid.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, she could." I defended myself.

"From now on we need to be more cautious," Max said. "By not going anywhere alone."

I raised my hand like I use too at school.

"Is there something you like to say, Natasha?" Marcus pointed at me. "You can put your hand down now."

"I would like to ask if I can use the bathroom alone." I looked at him seriously cocking my head to one side.

Marcus blew out a breath. "You know what we mean."

"Whenever you need to go somewhere. Have someone with you." Max explained.

"Sam wouldn't hurt me." I crossed my legs folding my hands on my lap. "The best thing we can do is just talk to her about her crush on you, to get her some help."

The twins shared a sceptical look on their faces, then turned to face me. I sat back just keeping my silence.

Andrea made a show of looking at the hanging wall clock. "I better finish of dinner. Your parents will be around soon." She got up to make her way to the kitchen around the back. "Would you like to help?"

I stood up eager to help to get away from the twins. Being in the kitchen with Andrea was like reliving my childhood, the way she uses to educate me on how to cook. Learning the different recipes. This time I had to make a conscious effort to ignore the twins as they sat at the breakfast bar just looking at us cook.

Max tried to interrupt a couple of times to take a bit of food early. His mother hit him over the head with the wooden spoon.

"Try that again Maximus, I make sure that you will be the last to eat." She rinsed off the spoon in the sink. "And your brothers are flying in. They should be here soon."

I groaned. "It will always be too soon if I meet them again." I scrunched up my nose. I thought the twins were my bullies. Their younger brothers were worst. They always like to pick on me. Drawing out the worst in me. They were only a year younger than me but like to act like they were older.

"Don't worry we'll protect you," Max smirked sharing a secret joke with his brother.

Marcus cracked his knuckles his mouth lifting up into a smile clearly enjoying the thought of meeting his brothers. "I can't wait to meet them, we have unfinished business."

I shared a look with Andrea as I began to stir the sauce in the pot. These men will never grow up. I always thought that the twins shared another twin rivalry with their younger twin brothers.

They were always fighting. I don't know how Andrea coped raising the four of them, no wonder she never had any more kids. These four as demon children would be enough to put anyone sane person off kids forever.

"No fighting," Andrea told them. "Last time you destroyed my sitting room."

I grimace I remembered that incident two years ago at Christmas, I heard a ruckus from my house next door. I came over to investigate with my parents and a baseball bat to see Andrea opening the door, walking through the house the twins were battling with the younger brothers because one hurled an insult.

Their dad just sat in the armchair reading the paper smoking on his pipe ignoring the boisterous men.

Marcus actually looked disappointed at the thought of not fighting with his brothers. Too much alpha male in this household.