chapter 26

THREE WEEKS LATER

Scarlett's pov

how many days does it take to drive a person into insanity? how long can one live without her lover? all the answers are different for everyone, but for me the answers are simple and more used. what is it about me that needs to change for me to be who i want to be, the answer will present itself to me someday. laying in a dark cold room i realized what was happening on the road i walk, my life seemed to flash before my eyes as if i was dying in peace and the gates of heaven were waiting for me, but i knew that they weren't. i knew where i was going when my day came, but thats not today, its not tomorrow, its not in a week, month nor a year. after this job i'm done, the mighty leader of the daughters will step down and accept her fate. but until that day i'll remember that i'm secure in who i am. i do not need the validation of those that would say, you have to be a certain way in order to be accepted. i'm comfortable with going against the grain. i'm walking my path and i will always walk the direction my heart tells me to go, even if i must walk alone. in theses past three weeks, strange things have been happening. first it was with the strange cravings for chicken, peanut butter, and chocolate. then it was morning sickness. lastly i have been gaining weight, but not enough that it's noticeable at a first glance. it all just seems so strange to me, craving foods that i would rarely eat, waking up in the morning and having a strong urge to puke up my guts, but then at the same time gain weight when i barely eat because i puked in the morning. well whatever it is, it needs to wait because i am finishing what i came here to do, today i am taking out my brother and anyone else who gets in my way. another thing i did this week was purchase three guns and 3 magizines, all from different stores. the guns that i bought were 2 sig sauer model mosquito semi auto pistols and 1 assault rifle.

" great, not again" i groaned as i rolled off my bed and ran into the bathroom to puke. why of all the times this could happen, it had to be now. after i was finished puking up my guts i walked back into the bedroom and sat on the bed, just as i did my phone started ringing. jax has been frantically trying to get ahold of me for the past three weeks, by now he probably gave up and thought i was dead. but i didn't care for it at the moment, i need to get focused in on the task at hand. i watched the phone ring and ring until it was sent to voicemail. i waited for the notification to tell me that i had a message before entering my password and listen to the message but all i heard was quiet sobbing. hearing the noise from my lover made tears of my own form and fall as if what i was doing was a normal thing. i sat on the bed for a while longer before deciding that the time for my brothers life to end has came. after getting dressed i shoved a loaded pistol down my pants and covered it with my shirt and jacket. the other pistol went into my jacket pocket while the rifle was slung over my shoulder. knowing better than to draw attention to myself, i left my hotel room through the window. from there i made my way to my brothers warehouse, making sure to keep to the alleyways and shadows on the sidewalks. as i walked i did more thinking than what was probably necessary, i was starting to actually pitty my big brother, but he still wanted me and my crew dead. i had a problem with that, and this, killing, was the only thing that was natural to me. i remember when i first killed a man, i was 9 years old.

Flashback

it was a warm Friday night, my father had sent me out to do a mission with a man named, Rickie Mackie. only i knew the mission and its full deeds. Rickie was the kind of guy to get what he wanted when he wanted, even if it meant raping a child. i watched him do it once... i watched him rape my best friend and in the end... he killed her. that was about three weeks ago, my best friend has been dead for three weeks. it was then that i took the matter into my hands and talked to my father, telling him that i wanted vengeance, i needed vengeance in order to get closure and move forward. he agreed and told me to tell Rickie that there was a shipment that needed to be moved and to take me because i knew the code to the gate the shipment was locked behind. there was no shipment, there was no gate. before i left my father warehouse, my father handed me a loaded gun and whispered six words in my ear: