08

JADE'S POV:

"Lilith!" I ran after her after my thoughts come back to me. I don't understand why she ran or what I said to make her run. Was it because of what I am? I wouldn't change no matter what I hope she understands that. 

"Get away from me. Please I'll do anything just don't go near me." I freeze in my spot looking Lilith right in the eye. I can hear my heart slowly break. This was my best friend and she was telling me to stay away from her. She's scared of me yet I won't do anything to her. 

"Lilith. I'm not going to hurt you." She shakes her head backing away slowly with tears in her eyes. "Please Lilith this is hurting me. I won't ever hurt you I wouldn't do that to you. I don't even know if I could hurt anyone." I look at her with pleading eyes falling to the ground on my knees. 

"You did thought. You hurt people to get out of t-that place. You killed one of my Luna's guards. If I get seen with you I will be sent to the dungeon. Just do this for my safety and yours." I don't understand what she's talking about. I didn't kill anyone I thought Damon did all the dirty work. "Oh, don't look confused Jade. You killed more than 20 wolves last night and Damon killed off half the pack to get you away from the dungeon. You were so vivid and you were different but it was you. You have a power that could destroy a city. I don't want to be part of it." She opens the door and runs off. 

I stay on the ground on my knees crying. Crying because of what I am. Crying because of what I did. Crying because of how I didn't want any of this. Lastly, crying because I lost my only true friend.

"She doesn't need you. She was going to kill you in your sleep." I quickly look up at the doorway and see Damon leaning on it. "I wouldn't have let her. Not for you but because of the real Jade. I also came to apologize for what I said. I shouldn't have said those things but Adam shouldn't have said anything either. Now get up. You crying isn't a pleasant sight for me. Honestly it makes me sad." He walks towards me thinking that he was going to walk past me. He picked me up and carried me to the couch.

"I want Adam." Damon gently places me on the couch.

"I knew you would." I was going to ask for what he meant but I see Adam walking into the living room. I turned to explain what I meant but Damon was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, hey don't cry." Adam gently wipes off the tears from my face. I close my eyes it's to early for this. I just need to forget what happened. Maybe a bottle or too.

"I wouldn't hurt her. I wouldn't" I cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back whispering sweet things in my ear. Damon wouldn't do this for me or say these things. He would say he would want the old Jade or hurtful things without knowing it hurt.

"She just needs time. A wolf wouldn't want to go against their Luna. It's not a right feeling for them. They're scared they would become rogue. It's okay. If you cared for her safety then you will give her space."

I stay silent before cracking up with laughter. "I didn't need a lesson Adam" I look up at him smiling. He smiles back both of us leaning forward. I look at him my smile starting to slowly fade. His lips were a centimeter away all that I could do was stare. He closed his eyes and took the final centimeter to kiss me. I kissed back feeling small sparks which made me jump away.

"What's wrong?" I look at him with wide eyes. 

"I think you shocked me." He looked at me with amused eyes and chuckled. 

"Mates feel sparks when they touch. I'm guessing you don't pay attention do you?" I shake my head no. I think back to when Damon picked me up. I think that's the first time he touched me. I look at Adam with a shy smile.

"I don't really pay much attention to many things." Adam nods his head and I get up.

"Did you eat breakfast? I can cook us up something if you'd like?" Adam shakes his head no saying he had somewhere to be. I nod my head and lead him out the door. I close the door behind him and take in a shaky breath.

Don't cry Jade. Don't cry.

"I can eat breakfast with you." I look up at Damon with my hand over my heart.

"You can't just pop up whenever you feel like it. What if I was taking a shower or was using the bathroom." Damon looks at me with amused eyes but I found nothing amusing with him scaring me. 

"Yet...here we are." He steps into the kitchen without permission making me groan. "I don't even have to touch you and you're already hooked with me." I mock him while rolling my eyes. "How was the kiss?" I stop in front of the kitchen. "Are you going to stand there like a dummy or going to help me cook?" I shake my head scowling at him. Damon will always hate me. I need someone who will love me and if I had to choose between the to....

I have already chosen.