Epilogue

I try fighting them as fast and hard as I can. It was no use they were attacking me from everywhere. They held my arms down, my legs and kicked the sword away from my reach. I shook my head not letting them touch my face. I was to vulnerable to protect myself. I don't know where the other guys were or where Damon was.

One women was on top of me holding down the lower part of my body. She smiled evilly at me and I gave her no satisfaction on letting her know that I was scared. She grabbed my sword twisting it in her hands. I didn't know who she was but it seemed as if everyone listened to her every command. "Idiots. Thinking that they could beat us when we have a bigger army than them. And you. Who do you think you are? Coming into our town and act like you can do whatever you want? Killing of lunas of packs?" she spoke with hate and disgust. 

I laughed, "You think you know me? Do you think I wanted to move here? Do you think I wanted this!" I yelled my anger rising. I glared at her, "I didn't ask for this shit! Let alone ask for you to be on me like I'm some type of rag doll. I didn't ask to be here. I DIDN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING!" I felt my body start to shake and the anger running through my veins. "Get the fuck off of me!" I scream at her. Her face expressed that she was shocked. Her eyes widen, her mouth agape and her breath was coming out slowly. I began to shake harder and I turned to everyone around me. They took a step back then got in a fighting stance. I laughed at them, pathetic. "If you want me gone. Then do it yourself, coward," I scoffed.

I was still shaking, my body was beginning to feel lighter and I saw the women fly off of me. I got up without any resistance. People started to fly around me. Screams of agony were coming from all around me. I didn't care. For some odd reason I didn't care. I hoped they died. I look around me seeing bodies drop. Bodies flying further from me, eyes bleeding and backs breaking. I look down at my hand seeing that it was moving. I was the one causing this mess. I look behind the women and see the guys tied up. I run to them moving the monsters out of my way.

Looking at Damon beaten and tied up made my heart clench. My heart ached physically and I didn't like it. I fell in love with someone who acted like he despised me. I didn't have "romantic" moments with him but I fell for him. He was my world and I didn't like it. How someone who I barely knew could control me with a flick of their wrist. His eyes look drained from life. I felt like I was drained from life. I turned to see fighters coming at me. With a flick of my hand a circle of fire circled everyone who I wanted to protect. I untied Damon making his body fall limp against me. I laid him down gently before untying the rest of the guys. I dragged them each towards Damon.

The fire was getting to hot for me but if it meant protecting these guys then I didn't care. I bent down to check if they were all still breathing.  When an arrow came flying through the fire. Suddenly arrows were being shot in every direction. I shook my head. I moved my hand towards Damon's cheek. I grabbed the guys and put them around me. I closed my eyes imagining myself in my house. I made sure that everyone was touching me so they could come with me.

I didn't know they guys but I cared for them deeply. They risked their lives to save mine. I appreciated them for it. I left them a note with a tear rolling down my cheek. I wanted this to finally be over for me and for them. I kissed each one of their cheeks but when I stopped in front of Damon. I let my finger tip trace every line on his face. I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him. I felt sparks and I smiled. I pecked his lips once more before standing up. I let out a deep breath. I imagined myself back at the field.

The circle of fire was still burning but the arrows stopped. I blew out the fire and stood there in the open space. When I looked back up from the ground Lucas was outside the line of fire. I rolled my eyes but stepped towards him. I looked at him with my head held high. "I'm here now. You can leave them alone," I say numbly. He laughed. He laughed at me as if I told a joke.

He walked towards me with long strides. He stopped in front of me then touched my cheek. He opened his mouth to speak, "I don't think you understand what I mean sweetheart. I want them gone for good. I don't want them breathing. I don't want them trying to come and find you. I don't want them alive!" I flinched back and moved my face from his cold touch.

I whispered, "I don't think you understand that I can't do that. I won't do that." I looked up and spoke louder, "I will do anything else you please but killing them is not an option."

He laughed again, "Sweety, you think you have a choice? You will do anything I ask for after all that was the deal."

"No, the deal was to get me out of this mess and leave THEM out of it. Not leaving them dead. Now hurry up before they wake up and come back to his awful place," I said harshly. He held out his hand and I took it. With a snap of his fingers all of the surviving fighters fell to the ground coughing up black blood. I looked away from the scene. He pulled me into his chest making me stumble into him.

"Never trust a demon. Especially me," he said with a cold tone. I knew what he was going to do. I knew it from the start. He didn't love me. He made me think he did. He was going to kill me whenever he could. That was the deal. For him to end my misery living in this messed up event and leave the guys alone. I knew who they were. I acted like I didn't but I knew who each of them were. Making them change their names was stupid. There was no new Jade or old Jade. I was the same Jade I was years ago. Olaf didn't even know that I was the same. I changed my hair because I wanted to change myself.

I wanted a fresh start but Adam and Damon had to come looking for me. They just had to ruin everything. The plan was to stay far away from them as possible not for them to find me. The last thing I wanted was to be dragged into this mess. I knew what I was capable of but I wanted them to think that I was someone else. The only thing that I didn't plan was for Adam to betray me. That took me off gaurd. It was over before I dwelled on the moment any longer.

I took my last breath not fighting Lucas. I waited for this moment when we made the deal. I prepared myself for this moment. This was my last thought before he snapped my neck.

Dear Past Mates and Damon,

If you're reading this right now then I'm dead. Don't worry I'm not lying. I am no longer breathing at this point. I'm sorry I didn't properly said goodbye but I didn't want any of you to witness my REAL death. I made a deal with Lucas where if he kills me all of you would be free to do what you please. I'm sorry for not discussing this with you all. You know me. Making decisions for myself and not telling anyone. 

I want Damon to know that I always had chose him to be my mate. He had my heart before I met any one of you. He had me wrapped around his finger. Sadly, a life could not be made with him. With people coming after me it was too much for me. I will be with you Damon when you close your eyes and think of me.

I also will let you know that I was never a "new" Jade. I was the same Jade that you knew years ago. I remember everything because there was nothing to forget. I found it amusing that you all changed your names for me. It was no point because I knew who you all were when I saw you all walking out the woods. I'm sorry that you all risked your lives to help me. I didn't need it. It was going to end the same. Me dying just so you all could be left alone.

No, I will not come back to life. I am dead guys. I don't if my body would be in the field or if Lucas took me somewhere to end my life. Don't waste any sadness over me. If it wasn't for me then you all would have had a perfect life. No worries about being killed or fighting over a mate. This was for the best.

Adam betraying me shocked me too. I was never going to pick him though. It was always Damon. I love you all. Hopefully because of this...you will be left alone.

Don't forget about me.

-Jade