09

JADE'S POV:

"I don't understand anything you told me" I say while laughing and taking another bite of the chocolate chip pancake. 

"Okay so like I have anger problems. When I found out that my mate had other mates I went ballistic. Almost killed one of them off I believe it was also a hybrid. Expect a hybrid of a werewolf and vampire I never really listened about the other mates. The only thing in my mind was Jade you could say I was head over heels for her. Not because she was my mate but her and I had so much in common." Damon stares off into space with a genuine smile on his face. I couldn't but smile along with him. Seeing him happy was something foreign to what I personally have seen. He had cold distant eyes, wore a blank face and when it did change it turned into a grimace or scowl. 

"Tell me more." I drank of my milk urging him on. He sounded so happy that I honestly wanted to do everything to keep him that way. Even if it meant hearing about things that I didn't understand. He just started talking and he lost me with having more mates. He tried naming them off but even he couldn't remember them. He only remembered a Drew,Ethan and of course Adam. He said there were more than those 3 but he couldn't remember the rest of the names. Saying that he probably never even learned them to begin with.

"Well I went home and looked myself in the mirror. I cried to myself before I told myself to stop crying because crying wasn't made for Demons. I've been hurt before the past life when I was a normal human and I didn't want to get heartbroken again. You can say I was scared to get hurt." He looked down at the table his smile long gone and now was covered by a straight line. He takes a deep breath and looks at me. I tried to not look at  him with pity when he looked at me. He looked so broken and I promised myself to never let that look show again. "My only fears in life as a demon is being hurt and being left alone. I don't want to be a demon that turns cold hearted again killing off anything in his way. I still can't forgive myself for the past things I've done."

I look at him debating if I should comfort him or not. I didn't want to make a wrong move and have this little small moment with him. I didn't need the cold hearted Damon giving me the cold shoulder again. "Hey hey you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I'm fine without knowing things if you don't want to speak upon them." He looks at me with his cold eyes again. 

Fuck what did I say wrong.

"I don't need your pity" Damon spits at me with anger. He looks off into space again recollecting his thoughts. "Jade was like me it was like she was the other half. She could control her temper some what. It was never good but she tried. She was really sassy and bitchy at times which made me smile. It was cute seeing her trying to be sassy. Like imagine a lion cub roaring for the first time. She always made Jasmine speechless it was a fun sight. I don't understand why Jasmine kept coming back because Jade literally slapped her senseless." Damon looked at me so fast that he should have gotten a whiplash. I looked down blushing when I noticed I have been staring at his lips this whole time. "She actually slapped her before. I'm guessing she likes punching better because she punched her." He looks so amused and happy again.

"Let's continue in the living room, yeah?" He nods putting his plate in the sink and walks into the living room. I let go of a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I just need Damon to stay this happy and I'll be fine. I put my dishes in the sink promising myself to wash them later on. 

"There was a time that I was going to kill Adam. Jade and him were getting...a little to close for my liking. She was never close to the other mates so I was very jealous when they were closer than the rest. I wanted to be her only thing crossing her mind. I guess you can see that she couldn't choose between us. Like here we are." He leans his head back and sighs. "Jade could kick ass not alone though. Let me rephrase that because I just lied. Jade learned  how to kick ass with or without using her powers. That training we did before the big fight helped her a lot. She had a few skills before like punching. Damn, was she so good at punching that I pity anyone who went behind that fist of hers."