Chapter 8

FIRST FAN ART BY LittlePaintwolf AHHH MAKES ME HAPPY Lol actually I asked her to draw me a snail reading a book and she just made it my book but IT STILL COUNTS (and no, the brown spot is not part of the drawing, it's just marker that bled through)

BTW, made major change last chapter. Their tribe is actually  called the Lora tribe, not the Brisa tribe. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT I'M SO SORRY I MESSED IT UP. The island is obviously called Brisa. Anyways sorry for the mix up.

I started writing this right after the last update so hopefully this was a nice treat bc it came quicker lol love you guys

*****

His sister.

Thank god it was only his sister. Not that it matters anyway... It totally wouldn't have mattered if she was his girlfriend. Right?

Per usual, my train of thoughts was once again broken, but this time not by a hunky shirtless guy. This time, it was broken by his sister and her very high pitched squeals.

"I know we're going to be BEST FRIENDS!" she exclaimed while wrapping her arms around me tighter.

"Can't breathe." I managed to choke out as she tightened her grip like a python to its prey.

"Dios mío, I'm so sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I don't want to kill you. I'm sorry." she said rapidly, her tone getter higher and higher pitched as she finished the sentence.

"It's okay it's fine." I reassured her while slowly unhooking her arms from around me.

"Well, that that you've met each other, you can hang out while I go deal with business. Behave." He said, pointing at me.

"What? Me? Excuse me. I'm not the one who-" I stopped talking as soon as I saw the hard glare on his face.

"Fine," I said, a little bit childishly.

"I'm SO excited to finally have some girl company. I've been stuck with Daniel and Alejandro all my life. But now, I have you!" she chirped and once again hugged me.

"Yep," I replied while patting her back awkwardly. "You got me."

Gabriella gave me one last squeeze before letting go of me. "Dios mío," she gasped as she stepped back to take a look at me. "What happened to you?" she asked, gesturing towards my clothes and hair.

My eyes widened, remembering how hideous I must look. That would explain some of the odd looks I got coming here...

"It's okay. It's totally okay. I can fix this." she reassured me. As she reassured me, I realized that like her brother, she too had a Hispanic accent on her English, yet she made very few grammatical flaws.

"Now," she said, clapping her hands together. "We should fix your clothes first. What have you got in that bag?" she asked, her gaze falling on the leather satchel.

I started to take it off, forgetting that I even had it on in the first place. As soon as it was off my shoulder, Gabriella snatched it through my hands and started to go through it.

"Not this, too flashy," she said flinging a neon pink t-shirt behind her. "Definitely not this," she exclaimed, looking back at me. "Why would you ever wear this?" she practically screeched, holding up a sleeveless crop top. "It's just so... weird and gross and long!" she exclaimed, disgust clear in her voice. The fact that she called a crop top long is crazy, but it made sense, due to the fact that she was wearing a bikini out of animal skin with a short grass skirt.