Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to all the readers that have been reading this book and have stayed with me through my long breaks I love you guys <3

BTW the gorgeous hunk named Taylor above is Tomas

Warning, it gets kinda freaky at the end so trigger warning, explained better in the beginning of author's note (yes I said beginning bc I know y'all don't always read it all lol)

Don't forget to comment per usual, makes my day ;)

*****

"Okay, so you're telling me that you and Cisco kissed?" Gabby practically squealed.

"Yes, that's what I'm telling you. For the fifth time," I sighed, exasperated.

The two of us were walking towards the river, occasionally stopping to greet different members of the village. The fact that most of the people in the tribe have begun to accept me not only helps me feel more welcome, but helps me through accepting my life that has changed so drastically so recently.

"I totally ship you guys. Ciscomi for life!" Gabby shrieked, probably confusing the surrounding civilians.

"Keep your voice down, you don't need to announce it to the world," I scolded, rolling my eyes.

"Right, we don't want Daniel to hear," Gabby teased me.

I ignored her comment, but inside I was curious why she has said that. Did she think Daniel liked me, and... why did that thought somewhat excite me?

Dismissing the thought, I tried to focus on what I was going to teach Isa and Lucas this afternoon at their lesson, but the thought still lingered at the back of my mind.

Gabby and I parted as we reached the orchard, but not before she whispered to me her plan about smuggling us a couple of mangoes.

I was now strolling along the moss clad ground, the sounds of monkeys howling in the distance putting me a bit on edge (thanks David), but not enough to drastically change my peaceful state.

By the time I got to the riverside, I was met with the sight of the two munchkins playing and splashing in the water in front of me.

"Okay who's ready to start?" I asked, gaining their attention as they both paused in their splashing war.

"Me!" they both called in unison, treading over to the rocks near the edge of the river to sit on as I quickly jumped it.

The quick rush of the water surrounding me was a welcome familiarity as I felt my skin, that was previously sweaty and a bit sticky from the moisture in the air, get washed clean leaving me feeling restored and rejuvenated.

"Okay kiddos, who remembers something from last time?" I questioned, clapping my hands together to signify us starting.

"I do! I do! I do!" Isa shrieked, waving her arm wildly in the air as if she was waiting for me to call on her.

I gave her a nod to acknowledge that I heard her than turned to Lucas, who had stayed timid and quite the opposite of Isa at the moment.

"What do you remember Lucas?" I inquired, not wanting to put pressure on him if he didn't.

He looked bash fully at his feet, his cheeks growing a familiar rosy pink that was almost an equivalent to the color of his cousin's blush.