Chapter 12

IT'S THE NEXT CHAPTER TIME MY READERS! THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY VERY GOOD FRIENDS WHO ARE NEW ON WATTPAD RecklessStingray AND @sarahlizzie10 And this chapter has LOTSSSS of daomi for those special shippers ;)

Comment and enjoy the chapter ;)

*****

"Good morning!" I chirped as I shook Gabby's sleeping figure.

"Go away." she moaned, rolling away from me.

"I think this is the first time that I've woken up before you." I teased, shoving her.

"Whatever, you didn't stay up as late as me."

It was true. After Daniel and I had our little 'moment', I had been dragged by Gabby and Maria towards the center of the fire pit to dance. The three of us had danced late into the night, but Gabby had been the one who had guzzled a lot of drinks (that may or may not have been spiked).

I was guessing that she was nursing a headache due to all of those drinks, which might explain why she wasn't up before me.

"Come on," I whined. "I wanted the four of us to go swimming today. Because I think your dad purposely made sure Isa and Lucas aren't in my care everyday; because he obviously doesn't trust me."

It was true. The chief had introduced me as a new member of the tribe, emphasis on new. He has told everyone how I was an 'inexperienced adolescent', and unless you consider yourself a trustworthy person, you shouldn't trust me.

After that whole trust speech, he went to talk to Veronica and Cisco's aunt about how I should only teach their children for the first three days of the week, and since the festival was on Wednesday, I had the rest of the week off.

Which sort of confused me, because Gabby had told me that her dad was all 'you have to work if you can', but I guess hate and doubt beats work ethic.

Gabby groaned, sitting up. "First off, I'm not going to deny that it looks like he's trying to do that, because he probably is. He has trust issues. And second, it's not possible for us all to go swimming, because Daniel doesn't know how to swim." Just as she had stated the last sentence, she froze mid eye rub. Her eyes widened and she began to panic.

"Sh, Gabby, calm down, what's wrong?" I asked, worried about her almost panic attack occurring.

"I didn't say that. You didn't hear me say that. You don't know that." she said quickly, obviously trying to convince me.

"But I just did," I told her. "And it's a good thing that I did because someone is a really good swim teacher," I pointed to myself and whispered. "It's me incase you couldn't figure it out."

"No, you can't, he'll kill me. It brings back bad memories of-" she slapped her hand over her mouth, preventing anymore words from coming out.

"Bad memories of what?" I asked, curious.

"Nothing. I've said too much," she squeaked. "I'm going to go take a shower." she yelled and ran down the hallway leaving her towel and clothes to change into in her room.

"Okay that was werid..." I mumbled under my breath.

I swear, I'm getting weirder each day. I'm already talking to myself. What's next, hallucinations? I shook my head, getting ready of my crazy thoughts and got dressed into one of my new outfits I had gotten with Maria and Gabby yesterday.

After doing my own hair, which much difficulty may I add, I walked out into the hallway to hear the shower running and Gabby singingly loudly. I rolled my eyes, smiling at her ridiculous yet hilarious ways and made my way into the kitchen.