Ch.9 Later That Evening

I say at the table once again and began to hit him with questions. Where have you been? Why did you leave? Do I have any siblings? And a lot more. The scariest part was probably the fact that he had a solid answer for all of them. Hell, he seemed unfazed. That was pissing me off. "Did you even care to think about the fact that your daughter would be without a father?!" I say anger in my voice. He was a bit shocked by my outburst a bit. Then he smiled.
It wasn't an arrogant smile. It was a soft yet sad smile. It didn't faze me. I wasn't gonna buy it. Besides he's been gone for 16-- almost 17 years. I'm pretty pissed. "Well?" My voice cracked a bit. He sighed before saying, "I did and I know it was wrong but I needed to get out of the area for a while."

"Why?" I questioned.

He gave me a bit of a side look. "It wouldn't have been safe for you or your mother." I narrowed my eyes a bit. "So you were being hunted," I say quietly. "But who was it?" I say looking at him. "A demon called Onibaba. A demon that takes the form of an old women and praise on vampires and humans a like." I look at mom and she nodded in agreement. "Oh," I say. My anger fading away. My mother chipped in. "Taylor, you should go get some sleep." I looked at her and saw something that I couldn't make out in her eyes. "Alright," I say. "Good night." I looked at the two of them. Then headed to my room for the night.

A:N/ The Onibaba is a old lady demon from a movie. I just picked the name cause I couldn't think of anything. (No copywrite intended lol) but the sort of origin is something I made up of you decide to look it up. Chow!