Ch.13 Flashbacks to a different time

The castle walls were high as the Romanian soldiers brought in women and young children from the few villages that had been plundered. On the orders of Vladimir Tepees of course.

From a distance, his cold gaze regarded the peasants as they were being drug in by rope. As he was watching them, there was a girl that caught his eye. A young teen fighting against the ropes and trying to break free. "She has some spirit left." He thought. An amused look on his face. "My lord," a maid said. "The preparations have been made." He nodded not really removing his gaze until he turned around and strolled into the castle.

She kept fighting and fighting, but soon grew tired and ended up being dragged on the ground. Her body limp and weary, she huffed and puffed. She looked around her surroundings, her dark red hair tangled and messy, with her green eyes glazed over and puffy from a week of crying and no sleep. Her family killed. Her home destroyed. That thought itself nearly broke her, but she knew better than to give up so easily.....

I opened my eyes and suddenly got confused. What the hell just happened? Was I sleeping? No; obviously I wasn't, but seriously what was that? I looked around my room trying to clear my mind a bit, feeling slightly light-headed.

I noticed that Alucard still hadn't come back yet. Where did he go? Oh yeah that's right. He went after that shadow creature I saw a while back. "I wonder when he's gonna get back," I thought. Looking out the window, I saw a figure. The closer it got the more I realized that it was Alucard. I grinned and watched him for a bit.

Then, remembering my homework I went to grab my bag and turned around to find Alucard. "Hey," I say. Grabbing my bag and taking it to my bed to do my homework. "Hello," he said back. He had a bit of a troubled look on his face. "Is something wrong?" I ask. Placing my bag on my bed and walking over to him with concern in my eyes. He looked down at me, and walked towards me. Only to wrap his arms around me in a warm embrace. And rested his chin at the top of my head. "Alucard?" I ask, my head resting on his chest as my arms snaked around his waist.  "Hmm?" He looked down at me yet again.

"Something's bothering you," I say again. "Was it the creature?" I looked into his eyes as I said it. He nodded, "something wasn't right about the creature," he said partially to himself. "Normally I'm able to defeat any, but this one was harder to kill. On top of that it was ancient. Possibly a fallen angel covered with some sort of mist."

I nodded, somewhat understanding what he was saying. He sighed, "nonetheless, it could be nothing. Just my thoughts." He looked down at me and gave me an a real smile. Not the smile that he usually wears around other people. I smiled back and leaned in. He leaned in as well; our lips almost touched whenever a familiar voice made herself known.

"Hiiiii~!!!" Seras burst in through the window. She saw us and blushed, "oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for intruding!" She covered her face and shrunk away, as Alucard shot her a glare. I laughed quietly and unwrapped my arms from his waist and went to my bed to do homework. Alucard had been too busy roasting seras to notice.